Header Challenge: Greeting

Walking along the beach tonight and thinking of the header challenge, "greeting," I came upon this guy and thought, "That's a fine 'How do you do?'"  Some of us are just at the business end of the food chain.
From August 3, 2011

He was pretty relentless.  I stood and watched a while and thought of Shark Week on the Discovery Channel.  It would pale in comparison to Little Bird Week.

From August 3, 2011


He took this critter down so that his own mother wouldn't recognize him.

From August 3, 2011


He cast me a "Please, not while I'm eating" look and moved on.  Not a North Topsail Beach welcome wagon member.

From August 3, 2011
Please click on the links below my header to see the work of other head bangers.

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. brialliant series of captures and captions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect interlude at your beach!


    Craig is a palpable presence in your life, and through you, ours-





    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral

    (*)>
    / )
    /"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful photo sequence. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful sequence. I like the header, of good omen indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is a wonderful Greeting Sandy,
    and your shots match - just right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy: Fun captures at the beach, love the seagull.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting header. It seems a lot of work knitting the long streams to weave into the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gulls are amazing birds as they go about doing what gulls do. I think I miss them, since I have come to the desert. But there are birds to learn here, maybe not as interesting? But on the other hand I love them all. Each one unique. Because it is desert and we live in only sage, it seems there are no birds, but they will surprise you, they are most everywhere. Thanks for the beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nothing like survival to keep you focused...

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome photos, that last one really is wonderful, i thought the waves were a cloudy sky at first and thought wow! Sometimes at my pond I consider it is all about killing for food and sex..... that is what is going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. up down, the second one is simply wonderful.congrats

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusual idea of tying little scarves to a wire fence. Works well. Such cheeky seagulls too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greeting each other in love is the ultimate greeting of them all well found Sandy. I like your little story board with the gull too, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the header and the pictures of the little bird are adorable. Thank you Sandy for taking the time to enrich our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.