Skywatch Friday: Way Cool Thaw

While Adella was at school practicing with the pit band for this weekend's performance of Guys 'n' Dolls (in which she has a clarinet solo), Clyde and I kept an eye on the 'hood.  At the bottom of our hill, we took in this view of the first day of spring.  In the distance that my little camera could not capture, there were Canada geese enjoying a paddle.  (When I got home, they were standing on the edge of the ice enjoying their own reflections.  I love Canada geese.  They are so cool.  These honkers can poop on my grass any time.)


Clyde and I had a little bit of time on our hands, so we kept walking.  It was worth it because he had the opportunity to wake up this swan, which he felt very good about.  He even tried out the water for three seconds before he traded in the idea of a fresh poultry dinner for Alpo.

This guy was sleeping for so long that the ice closed in around the back of him. This happened to a boat in Antarctica, and they made a movie about it.  In our humble corner, we just fly around this junk.

Happy first day of spring.  May the thaw be with you.


Post a Comment

28 Comments

  1. I'd say you and Clyde made good use of your time.

    FYI: I'm fond of Canada geese too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noticing the actions of creatures makes me feel like the entire world is actually alive.
    The way they think and carry out the actions, it gives meaning to everything.

    Long time, it's very peaceful to hear from you.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noticing the actions of creatures makes me feel like the entire world is actually alive.
    The way they think and carry out the actions, it gives meaning to everything.

    Long time, it's very peaceful to hear from you.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. made me smile. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our area is running 20+degrees below normal. COLD. I am so ready for spring. Bring it on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely captures! Canada geese are quite alright in my books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you did get my day off with a big smile! You and Clyde make quite a walking pair! I do love the geese! And yes, indeed, may the thaw be with you as well!! And SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that first photo. Happy Spring to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool pic, indeed. And I'm glad that Clyde opted for Alpo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, lovely for the theme!

    But, it is impossible to link to Sky Watch Friday now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic shots. The swan is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandy, love the pics and the story and your sense of humor! I do hope spring comes to your corner of the world very soon with fields full of crocuses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a mother's parenthetical comment. Congratulations on your daughter having a solo.

    Thanks for sharing your day with us, you, Clyde, the geese, and the Swan.

    I love geese also, they just take over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore Canada Geese. Their honks high above stirred my young soul!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shots of early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful... the v-shaped ice make this image so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:46 AM

    Wow - these shots really are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice capture of the surprised swan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great capture, as always. I feel a little like the goose. After a week of lovely spring weather, we woke up this morning in the lower 30's and a dusting of snow on the ground. How did that happen?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely images dear Sandy and beautiful narrative to follow. Here we have subzero temperatures and no spring in sight.;)
    have a great weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. May the thaw be with you too lol

    That was cool ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Peaceful scenes for you and Clyde to enjoy. The swan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful shots, Sandy! The landscape is so attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brr. I hope the performance of G&D went beautifully -- I'm sure it did. I love old musicals. Good for Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous6:44 PM

    What wonderful content of this world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.