One Single Impression: Elemental


The soft hand at the end
Of the strong arm of wind
Grazes the surface of the dunes
To sprinkle sand into the curling waves
And take it....
Where?
The same soft hand casts soft clouds
Into the face of the sun
To soften the morning light.
Pelicans dive into spaces
That take them to supper
And come up....

Where?

My footprints vanish
Under the heft of incoming waves
As the wind pushes me by the shoulders
Into the weight
Of a new day.

All this disappearing is elemental.
It is how we begin
And how we let go.

One Single Impression

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. Beautiful words and thoughts and all so true! Enjoy your Sunday, Sandy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your poem, such gentle images capture life precisely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words brought so many wonderful images to my mind, Fabulous.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, and I loved the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a walk on the beach in the morning to get the engines stoked for a new day. Life is elemental.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love:

    "The soft hand at the end
    Of the strong arm of wind"

    What a turn of words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:18 PM

    simple, ethereal and true....very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me miss an early morning walk on the beach so much! Love how you make the wind push you toward the new day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful - your words. The photo of the roots and the guilty palm tree are really cute.

    Soon - the beginning of a new week for you. May it be light and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gentle imagery! great take on prompt !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful my friend. You have such a gift for poetry. I love when you share a longer work here. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy, this is so thoughtful and beautiful and delicate. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, this is how! so simple, if i let go! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the vanishing footsteps verse, Sandy. 'The heft of the waves' caught me my surprise. It shouldn't have because I am very familiar with 'a hefty serving of ..." and of a person being hefty.
    BTW, since my surgeries I have lost over 20 pounds. It appears to be staying if I cooperate.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.