Blog Your Blessings: Batman's New Cave

Something was up: every kid in line looked like the cat that ate the canary as they stood outside my classroom.

"Miss, where's Batman?"

"Don't know. Is he here today?"

"Oh, yes. He's here."

Two of the best girls in the summer program giggled even as they stood straight as the guards outside Buckingham Palace. A noise came from the locker behind them.

"You put him in the locker." I grinned. I so wanted to laugh. But I grinned because there's no better boy to stick in a locker than Batman. Good judgment, girls. Bad idea. As Disney a moment as it was, I couldn't go there. So I smiled every so slightly. I waited.

The two girls looked at each other: "We shouldn't have done that." Like clockwork, they told Batman to come out of his new cave; it was over.

I watched him straighten out his folded wings and walk into the classroom as if nothing happened even if we all know it did but shouldn't have.

I didn't have to say a word.

I am learning.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Your self-restraint to say a word was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the best teacher, Sandy! Have I said that before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. even teachers can learn...a teaching moment for sure-good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Does remind me of my teaching days!! You're the best, Sandy! Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Batman was cool! I love how kids "get it" all on their own!!
    Good for you!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Batman was as amused at the other children. Summer Sillies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must have taken some effort to keep from saying anything.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! Probably good you didn't have to say anything and you got to have a quiet giggle to boot. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's how brilliant kids mind works. amazing... we learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are wise beyond your years. I don't this could have been handled any better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I've had a splendid teacher like you, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have my own private Batman, he sometimes flies in from Ireland.;)) To keep me and Batcat company, hehe;)
    Great post and I hope your weekend is great too.;))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol!

    a whole new batcave

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.