Wordless Wednesday: A Blue-eyed Day


Wordless Wednesday

Post a Comment

98 Comments

  1. Anonymous5:24 AM

    Lovely photos as usual, Sandy! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 AM

    My other entry is a bit like your theme. Except that I entitled it as Tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, beautiful photos. I love the blue sky background on your whtie birch tree (i think, that's the tree name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life's eloquence requires no vocabulary, other than its own.

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:22 AM

    wonderful shots!

    i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the shot up the tree -- the colours, contrast, and textures are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Beautiful. That great blue with the white bark, branches against it is wonderful..
    Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandy, two absolutely gorgeous photos! That first one should be framed! Breathtaking!

    Have I said I love your new profile pic? If I've already told you, I tell you again! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll go take a walk now. This makes me very happy and calm. Thx for sharing such beauty. happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics, Sandy. I especially like photos of trees with bare branches. I have a small collection--I am fascinated by the endless patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy, I always do like pictures of trees. I feel they are trying to tell us their/a story. They often remind me of this poem, yours does:

    " Trees"

    "I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.

    A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

    A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

    A tree that may in summer wear
    A nest of robins in her hair;

    Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.

    Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree. "
    Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918

    I love that poem, it is the first I remember memorizing in school.
    ..
    Happy WW/WT! Mine is postdated for Wednesday also.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos!!

    btw, I am hosting a "super tuesday 2" online party on my blog tonight. Come join us!! Add your 2 cents as we watch the results come in!

    Everyone invited, spread the word!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... What stunning pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:31 PM

    beautiful blue! we have not seen the blue skys most all winter, only snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful perspective on both shots, Sandy

    Our leaves are just going russet at the start of autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandy, thanks for your generosity re A Single Impression. I am really delighted to have found the site!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photography always makes me say "Wow, just look a that". Is that a birch tree?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful Sandy. That's the way the sky looks here today and it's a wonderful thing. Have a great WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, that's a birch! Thanks, all for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those leaves look so delecate

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful photos Sandy. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandy, I've invented a new award for you and a few other dear friends. It's here

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of the pictures are so nice. I really love the first one. You could write a poem about it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous photos Sandy. I love the leaves and the tree plus the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice tile i love to make the title fit my mood good shots

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandy - your photos are beautiful and they speak to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ah blue sky! Looks like a song!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the picture of the naked bare branches :) The skies are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful! lovely weather in your world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. That´s a very beautiful shot - i love the color if the sky!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Love the contrast. Happy WW.

    VERB

    Makimeji

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Looking up above there is wonderful, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful pics...those trees wont be bare for long:) Happy WW and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful blue! Wow.. very pure. Happy WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those are great, I really love the color in the first one!

    Happy WW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow what beautiful sky. The first one is a Beech tree and the second is a White Birch.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What powerful, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think I screwed up my previous comment (if it was published at all). I was saying that I didn't know what kind of a tree that was, but Haydée says it's a birch.

    The pictures are just gorgeous.

    Happy WW!

    My post: "Zzzzzz"

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those are awesome pictures! I love creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, those are some very blue skies, and such sharp contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The tree is white in color!!

    great photos!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a lovely clear blue sky! Looks like Spring is not too far away....

    ReplyDelete
  45. what lovely shots! :)
    happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous2:08 AM

    love the contrast and the perspective! :)
    have a wonderful WW.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous2:26 AM

    love both of your photos. You were able to let shine out from the blues.
    happy WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely! We have lots of those trees in our backyard.

    Thanks, as always, for the comment and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I absolutely LOVE these photos!! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Mom's sister had a home up on a lake in Maine that had birch trees. They are lovely. And the sky is so blue. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous7:00 AM

    Hi Sandy! Indeed it looks like blue eyes!
    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Anonymous7:00 AM

    Peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous7:12 AM

    wow its cute shot...Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  54. It's horrible here. Trade ya.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The days here have been so boring but you managed to find a blue sky. I love the birch tree. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful. Love the falling leaves. David sent me over (of course!)
    Love the music on your blog as it loads too. Very peaceful, relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Anonymous8:18 AM

    I like the way you took the photo. Nice

    Will you visit my WW Wild Flowers Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow, great photos!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love that leaf close-up, good job!

    Write From Karen

    ReplyDelete
  60. stumbled in here and loved what I saw

    ReplyDelete
  61. Anonymous8:40 AM

    I love the color of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Marvelous shots! I love the BG music too.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Anonymous9:34 AM

    awesome shots, Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful shots, but so wintry. There must be glimpses of spring in you neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  65. 'coz there's a blue sky waiting tomorrow. shining shimmering.
    haha it's a local song. i love that song.
    great take. very calm sky.

    Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi, Sandy!

    I am new to your blog, coming by way of David McMahon. Beautiful photos! I love the contrast between the white of the bark and the bright blue sky!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  67. This is gorgeous. Has a great feel to it. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  68. looks like clean crisp air...

    ReplyDelete
  69. beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  70. it's funny how people so desperately search for beauty when all that has to be done is to step out, look around and look up. :D beautiful pics! :D

    enjoy the rest of the week!

    Mapped Memories
    Cafe Munchkin

    ReplyDelete
  71. wowwwwwwwwwww very interesting.u just got me speechless!! nice posting.

    HAPPY WW!

    Check out mine too!

    Worn Out

    Facial Expressions

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hi Sandy. The color in these photos is stunning. Sometimes, Mother Nature really amazes me. Make that all the time.

    I've posted my WW contribution here, and hope you'll drop by for a visit:
    http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2008/03/wordless-wednesday-bananarama.html

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the day!

    Carmi

    ReplyDelete
  73. Fantastic shots! happy ww :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. That's my kind of blue!
    Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Anonymous12:26 PM

    The sky is a beautiful blue! Happy WW!

    Sosuna-o-Lata

    ReplyDelete
  76. Wow! You are so popular w/ 80 comments. What more can I say? Love the beautiful blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful color!!Have a happy W.W.!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. What an exquisite sky .. blue eye'd indeed..

    David sent me

    ReplyDelete
  79. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Absolutely fabulous BLUE! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Anonymous4:01 PM

    That sky looks so promising!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Great pictures Sandy, and what a beautiful blue sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi Sandy,

    I came over from David's place.

    Thank you for the glimpse into tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Anonymous5:24 PM

    Love the blue of the sky, as your GreatGrandmother would say. Enough blue sky to make a Dutch man's pair of pants,which meant it would be a nice day. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  84. Such beautiful blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Now that's a wonderfully bright sky! Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Blue is my favourite colour.

    Love the photographs.

    Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Those a beautiful! It looks toasty warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Very nice! I love the view.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Wow- those are beautiful! My favorite color.
    Our Happy Happenings
    Livin' With Me

    ReplyDelete
  90. Hi Sandy. I love the striking blue sky. Must have been a perfect day to spend outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Anonymous1:06 AM

    What lovely photos, the sky looks very much alive and yes, very blue.

    The first photo is quite poetic and symbolic too.

    ReplyDelete
  92. nice shot! It is very much calming to see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  93. Great photos Sandy. I grew up in the country and have always loved trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.