Good Morning

Like shark-eye snail shells, sand dollars that are perfect seem all but impossible to find.  They are so delicate, it is hard for me to imagine how they come into being in the first place.  But they do, and their remains are easy to spot along the edge of the water.  I have tried to arrange the pieces of different broken sand dollars into the shape of one whole one, and the task seems almost possible because they break along similar lines.  There's a point in there somewhere.  The more I think about it though, the more I think that perfection--the completeness that comes from being there--comes with the sun that rises on all these fragments.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. interesting metaphor of life in that description....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you online again, Sandy!! I hope you're enjoying a great weekend! A marvelous capture as always!! Have a wonderful new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to your reframe what perfect is. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing can completely spoil a walk along the beach, but I have wished often to find a whole sand dollar. I'm rethinking -- you are always good at helping me to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great light indeed, Sandy, very nice image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how lovely, I love that rich early morning colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.