Our World Tuesday: Ordinary Time


September's a funny month for being long yet flying by.  The school year starts, Adella gets to know her new teachers and their quirks and expectations, and my students get to know my quirks and expectations.  And I get to know them.  It's as magical as it is monumental.   Sometimes when the weekend comes, I congratulate myself for not having much to do, yet all I do is think about what to do next.


Still, we manage to get out and take in the scenery.  A few weeks back, we took a walk to an old fire tire to have a look around.  There is was: everything and silence and nothing.

On Saturday, we took a ride down to Pennsylvania and took in a bit more color on our way to seeing mom and dad.  

Maeve guarded Adella from who knows what in the back seat.  You can't be too sure in this world.  We do what we can.

Back at the ranch, I spent some time in the garden getting it ready for cooler weather.  The roses aren't ready to check out, though.  We had a warm burst of weather this weekend, but we know how that goes around here.  Autumn's coming.  So out came the geraniums for a winter and indoors, and in went the chrysanthemums.(Chrysanthemum is a beautiful word that should be worked into conversation as much as possible.  Those four syllables suggest the magic and splendor of autumn.)



Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    The scenery is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a great time of year!! Beautiful captures for the day, Sandy, as always!! Hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use that beautiful word (and it does sound exactly like an Autumn day) in conversation -- but not in writing. It is one of those words that I simply cannot spell. (I just tried it and was so far off that Spell check gave up.)

    I know (remember) how important it is to take mental breaks this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and photos for OWT ~ Daughter is a doll and your doggie adorable!

    Happy Day to you.

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandy, somehow you're not on my dashboard anymore but I'll re-follow you after this comment. Are you the host on OWT today? Did you lose a friend, Oscar? I am so sorry and wish you peace and healing. Greetings Jo (Tanzania)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy, sorry about the mis-comment above. I saw that it was Lady-fi who lost her beautiful Oscar last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to have a couple of those fire towers to climb. They are no longer used of course and about to fall down now. I loved to climb up there and look at the fall colors, see an occasional hawk take flight. Ahhh FAll....

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah fall colors and coolness so appreciated after a looong hot summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. I miss the colors of autumn. Good luck to you and Adella on this school year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved your glimpses of beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Autumn is a time of transitions. It always amazes me how fast students and students get adjusted to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such nice photographs! I'm glad summer is over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.