Our World Tuesday: Roses in the Snow

There was a lot of hanging out in the house this weekend as Adella gets ready for her States audition and we look after our friends' Schnauzer.  Max, who is in the foreground, is an ungainly teenager alongside the suave and sophisticated Herr Clyde E. Doodle.  Still, in the sharp, angular sunlight of a January morning, he looks pretty smooth himself.

The light was so strong that I decided to play with my fading roses that still sit on the dining table because I don't feel like parting with them.  This image makes me think of summer.  Briefly.  The sun didn't last too long.  Della and I decided to take her faded roses outside to photograph them in the snow.  Her digital photography class has started at school, and we felt like playing.
Earlier in the day, we decided to play with her Sun-Art paper to make a card for a special event that is coming up. This stuff is fun.  We assembled bits and pieces from our bouquets and came up with this.
After five minutes, you wash the paper in water with lemon juice, and you have a print that captures the shadows.  We managed to create a windy look that will serve our purposes just fine.

We are off to a new week of school and cold and snow in the forecast and pups who are always happy to see us.  It is good.

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. sounds like a good weekend had by you two plus furry friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper looks like fun. I'll have to get some for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dried roses reminded me that I keep mine in a glass jar. I can rarely bear to part with them. I have never heard of your shadow capturing technique before. Interesting. Mr Clyde is no doubt a good host. What a smashing pair romping around no doubt. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do know how I love a Schnauzer and I still miss my Sam Schnauzer every day! Beautiful flowers/colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots. I like the roses in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute doggies! Lovely shots of the roses. Enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to see you are active and creative despite the bad weather there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also find it hard to part with old roses. they are so lovely and still smell good if they did to begin with.

    lovely photos Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos. I like the way the light falls in your room and how it emphasizes the capture of the two dogs.

    When I don't want to part with beautiful yet fading roses, I gently hang them upside down until they are completely dry. Then I place them in a bowl/jar/vase for a dried arrangement. I haven't done that for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you made good and fun use of your time. I remember something similar to that photopaper when I was in cub scouts. About, uh, 53 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, a nice weekend



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful roses in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:38 AM

    What lovely and creative shots - especially that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. An interesting way to 'save' the pictures of the flowers. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hopefully not too cold for you...i like the delicate petals against the rather harsh snow....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some very pretty light in these pictures. You make January seem.. almost.. warm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I suppose I'd be too old for the digital photog class your daughter is taking...I would love to find one for (the other kind of) seniors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the creative ways you and Adella spent the weekend. I've never tried sun-art paper but it does sound fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.