Our World Tuesday: White's Flower Farm

Hydrangea looks great no matter what state of living or dying it's in.
And then there's the poppy, so delicate and strong and loaded with symbolism through no fault of its own.  Enough to be a poppy.  In fact, I'd like to try it some time:
Geraniums are cool because they're common and everywhere and they have that great weekend gardener fragrance that makes you happy to be outside in the early spring and the cold mornings of late summer.
Zinnias....are high-maintenance little lovelies.  This one is happy to be judged by the company she keeps.
I took these photos with my phone camera while my daughter worked her magic with her DSLR.  My photographic challenge these days involves taking pictures with the phone while holding the dogs or the bags and sweaters with the other.  It's a good challenge because it reminds me I am in this world and walking among its marvels.  In fact, it's a privelege to be here.  That's why I take pictures.

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. Pics are fabulous!
    I feel naked without my phone!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. photos do help us appreciate the beauty in our world more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photos are beautiful - and especially more so by your narration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, colorful flowers and delightful captures of your world today, Sandy! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I have is my phone. No fancy camera. But, (partly because of your example) I find myself appreciating my views of this world and photographing it. It's fun and makes me feel grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm nice...that last one especially...i like the company it keeps...smiles..

    ReplyDelete
  7. And your photos are lovely....
    I smiled as I pictured your balancing act: pets purses and the like.
    We do what we have to do to get amazing shots. Beautiful job, my friend. (The poppy is such a strong little flower. I am amazed each time I see one.)
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a flowery world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You came across some real beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes -- it is wonderful to be here and to be alive. I always think of flowers as having "personalities" too... Love hydrangeas in all stages too...and that zinnia with her thorny company is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not really a flower guy but I really like zinnias. Geraniums were my mother's favorite flower and so when I see and smell them it always reminds me of her. I never really admired the gnarly stage of hydrangeas until I started reading blogs of people who admired them.

    Yes, and it is a privilege to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's how many bloggers do this now, especially since phones have great cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:36 AM

    Lovely shots of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful array of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO grateful for these lovely pix! Zinnias and hydrangeas are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful collection of photos. Some of my favorites are the poppy and zinnia. Lovely photos! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.