Our World Tuesday: Clyde Tastes Freedom

You think you see snowball flowers, and you do.
From June 23, 2012
What you might not see is the dog who sees you from behind those flowers and leaves.
From June 23, 2012
This was uncharted territory for Clyde, who is usually on his leash at my parents'. This is because he used to have an unsettling predilection for finding escape hatches along the fence. Restoring Clyde to the end of his leash is a nightmare once he's found his freedom--and the neighbor's horse, and the squirrels taunting him from the Japanese maples, and the chipmunk who shares the same coloration. Freedom is as beguiling as it is frightening to the onlookers who can't always catch up on their much longer two legs. So Clyde has not been off leash at my parents' for a long time. A little older and wiser, he enjoyed himself and the thrills of being the kind of the pachysandra, of bouncing past the garden gnomes, of rolling in the grass.
From June 23, 2012
From June 23, 2012
On the way home, Clyde was so soundly asleep, he didn't notice we stopped to photograph this grafittoed street sign:
From June 23, 2012
What a hidden drive has to do with people crossing, I don't know, but if you're going to have to face these yellow non sequiturs on a regular basis, why not throw in a cello? Perhaps some day a cello-bearing pedestrian will emerge from a hidden drive. I hope my batteries will be charged when the day comes. 

Post a Comment

19 Comments

  1. Awww. Good dog. I like the picture of him hiding in the bush.

    I have a picture of a "grafittoed" (love that word) sign of a truck crossing. It is a monster holding up the truck. I will e mail it to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, love that dog photo! smiling here reading your phrase on wishing you had your camera with you when a certain moment comes...I have many I wish I had my cam with me scenarios hehe,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lucky Clyde. He has grown into a wonderful dog. I hope your batteries are always charged when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so happy for Clyde. It gives me hope, too that someday my Leroy will learn to behave.

    I love the street sign. You have such an eye for capturing unusual things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:18 PM

    Such lovely shots of the flowers.

    And how lovely to be able to roam free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun look at your world today, Sandy! I know Clyde must have had a great day!! Love the flowers and the guitar on the sign!! How fun! Now that is creative graffiti!! Thanks for sharing the fun, Sandy! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky Clyde! Oh the joy of freedom he must have experienced! I think the sign is a warning to walkers that a car might be backing out of the hidden driveway and easily miss seeing a person with a cello through the thick of the foliage. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. freedom can be a dangerous thing for dogs and people...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post made me really smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Graffiti artist with a sense of humour. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clyde must have had a great time, so much fun he had to nap on the way home. He is a cutie! Great sighting of the sign. I wish you a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I brake for graffiti signs too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool captures of Clyde and you got an interesting road sign.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post made me smile, Clyde is cute and that sign is truly hilarious.;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great post. Love Clyde. He's a cutie.

    I wonder is there really is a walker with a cello anywhere in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clyde knows a good thing when he sees it. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clyde is such a sweetie. love seeing him in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yeah, keep that camera at the ready. Clyde had a great day -- thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.