Moving the Couch

"You move the furniture
When you are ready for a big change.

When the couch is not here but there,
I know
Change is coming,"

Said a friend once
Long ago,
And she was right.

Looking for a new way to see things
I change the angle from which I look:

I shove the couch across the room
When I am hungry for more and better and new
Because here and now
Won't satisfy.

Years have passed
Since my friend first made that observation,
And I have discarded the couch
And tossed everything else
Into the bin.

Adjusting to the echo
Of complete emptiness,
I am learning to hear in new ways
(Where once I chose only to see),

To stand up (because there is no couch)
And to step forward.

Claim me, life,
As I would claim you.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. wonderful reflections!




    Aloha from Honolulu;

    Comfort Spiral



    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Your words make me curious about what that change might be. Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wisdom in the small things of life! How insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the analogy!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's a lot of wisdom in these words...I really enjoyed reading this, thanks Sandy.

    PS: I use to move furniture around myself when I was contemplating a big decision, it seemed to help, it did help to give a fresh perspective.

    www.myreallifereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to move furniture often. Since my DB has retired I don't do that much any more. He hates it when I move things around. I must or I go crazy. Hmmmmm what did I just say?? tee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good...turning observations into verse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.