Wordless Wednesday: In the Rough

From Topsail, April 2011


Wordless Wednesday

Post a Comment

19 Comments

  1. What an amazing study of textures and contrasts!!!
    Fabulous!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a find, very good eye for seeing the possibilities. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a unique find. Did you pick it up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous capture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, haven't been able to keep up with your posts. Today, I went back saw the ones I missed, though I didn't comment. I love your rage at the thoughtless speeders who kill turtles. So sad. Don't share your love of seafood. The photos, well I love those. And I wish I could even begin to know how to take a night photo of anything.

    Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful detail photo. I like the way the stone has been weathered, especially the hole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious too, what is this Sandy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:46 PM

    'in the rough' it helps to let forces pass through, by and past, strong as a stone.
    impressed.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like its own little environment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you look through this hole so you could see the beach fairies? It is the only way you could possibly see them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like hidden treasure is being protected by the stone
    Very lovely shot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Sandy, I absolutely adore this image!
    That sand is so detailed and comes almost across as course salt, as it sprinkles the stone - or is it wood? Which in its turn resembles almost a jewelry pendant.
    It is all so rustic and natural, reminding us of the delicate and yet rugged natural scene.
    Have a great rest of the week dear friend, loved this photo,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:43 AM

    No matter what it is...
    Nature's gift born as beauty within..
    Your Wordless Wednesdays rock!
    Amazing shot with great lighting and hue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:24 AM

    So beautiful in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:19 AM

    I thought it could be a very early Chinese anchor. They used them but most were round and this wasn't. So I had no idea what it really is. Thanks for the comeback and telling me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.