Header Challlenge: 'What's Buggin' You?'

This week's challenge from Lanny was an easy one because I had a few photos of my favorite bug eaters, the local turtle population.  What really bugs me, though, is that these guys are the most vulnerable jaywalkers here in the suburbs.  (Click here to "Meet Mother.") Not a day goes by that I don't come across the fragments of a shattered turtle shell and the flesh of their remains smeared in the road.  Makes me nuts.  If you care about these amazing reptiles, please sign the petition on the right in support of their cousins the leatherbacks.

Also, please have a look at the other head bangers whose blogs are listed below my banner.  They are wonderful photographers.

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    The video was heart warming..Nice deed!
    This is a positive perspective of saving certain needed species in this world..I like and support this cause in every way..Will inform all my pals in the area to be aware of the same..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that all of your posts about this issue is helping. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that do for the turtles, Sandy! Love your pics/header for the day! Great video! I'm going to sign the petition now! Have a great day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are certainly an advocate of your favorite bug eaters. We have some protected ones here too the desert tortoise and they are fenced in a desert preserve set apart for them, so they don't cross any streets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor turtles. Why are they crossing the road? Are they going someplace?

    This morning the news said the ocean is dying and if we do not stop everything immediately it will be dead in this generation.

    Sorta makes you shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my fellow turtle fan!


    The Hawaiian Sea Turtle has made such a recovery since the 70s that there is talk of removing them from the endangered list!

    Not 'open season' but cultural culling may be ahead to maintain the reef balance....mixed feelings indeed!


    Aloha from Honolulu :)

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy: Really cool post, thanks for sharing your love of the little turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, I could barely look at the link of the smashed turtle. I'm really sorry to hear it. I love turtles. They are so cute. By my job, they have baby geese and their parents. Usually, I keep an eye out to see if cars will actually stop. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful header, Sandy. You can be sure that I signed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely turtles, great work you are doing Sandy keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.