My World Tuesday: Hunting Tupperware in the Woods

From Miscellaneous
These past few weekends, we've been geocaching in the Mulholland Preserve, acres and acres of open space lined with stone walls, filled with second-growth trees, and marked with streams and rock outcroppings.  We were hunting for Tupperware.  Filled with little toys.  We were geocaching.
From Miscellaneous
I had the habit of lagging behind, reading figures in the rocks as if they were clouds. Here I saw the grim reaper slouching away from our direction.
From Miscellaneous
Finding cache 5 on this preserve in Newtown, Connecticut, took three attempts and a request for another clue from the geocacher who hid it.  He obliged. The third attempt yielded this treasure trove:
From Miscellaneous
Geocaching: Usinga $6 billion satellite to hunt for Happy Meal prizes and then leave them there for the next crew. And to say you were there. It's fun.
From Miscellaneous

Post a Comment

23 Comments

  1. You are amazing! Your little book probably couldn't hold all the treasures you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to read about and see photos of peoples geocaching activities these days!! Who would have thought about this twenty years ago??? I love it! Great post and a fun look at your world today, Sandy! Enjoy your day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like fun to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. college fun paid forward and I love it! I'd join in the game were I there!!!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try geocaching but never have. It looks like a blast and a great way to get a good hike in. Maybe sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:42 PM

    OMG the Grim Reaper one was fantastic! Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. any activity that gets you outside in nature is worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to try this with my daughter. I know that she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this before but it must be great fun!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend of mine does this with her Grands. It always sounds like fun but I have never done it. She says it takes her places she would never have gone to otherwise. This is a beautiful place. Quite the treasure trove too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun amid beauty!




    Warm Aloha from Waikiki


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a ton of fun! For sure there's something hidden in the park near me as I sometimes see geocachers searching there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that must be a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. must be a lot of fun. more and more are doing geocaching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This does look like a lot of fun lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lot of fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job on the find. Gps does come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:51 PM

    Cute nail varnish! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. VERY NICE ACTIVITY, SANDY.
    I do the same in Sweden and I must admit that it is a very nice reason tot ake good photos.
    have a ncie day, dear
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2011/04/spring%c2%b4s-coming-grace/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun idea - love it!

    I see the Grim Reaper too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The title looks brilliant, hehe nice entry

    Hope you can visit Picture My World for My World Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your post. My husband and I are Letterboxers, but have never had the nerve to attempt geocaching. It looks like it is very very difficult. Nice photography.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like an interesting day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.