Skywatch Friday: Brooklyn Bridge



Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

73 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Sandy, that's a nice picture. I hope to see that bridge someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Sandy these are beautiful shots of the sky through the Brooklyn Bridge. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It strikes me as almost spooky to walk across, or drive across, a bridge when I think about how they're made.

    I think they're beautiful to look at, and photograph. The Golden Gate is a favorite of mine. I'm also fascinated by old railroad trestles. But, they do sort of make me a wee bit uneasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice shots

    I hope you stop by at my SWF post also in HERE. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. So this is the famous bridge... I hear refered to so often on the films.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice photos. Happy skywatching.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the bridge tower with the tall willow; a nice juxtaposition of man and nature there.

    Beautiful photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:15 PM

    I like the perspective on the second shot!~Mine is posted HERE. Happy SWF!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy: Nice capture of this famous structure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really interesting views of the Bridge. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is the first time I have seen the Brooklyn Bridge! I like the way you have used it to show your SkyWatch!

    My Sky Watch Photos are posted Here and Here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice angles and light here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for SWF Sandy. Nice shots. Have a beautiful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos. Love the bridge in the photos too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah... a famous bridge come to life on my screen! Beautiful!!
    ~Michele~
    Mountain Retreat- Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting photo angles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful shots of the bridge. I too hope to see that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi S andy, you certainly captured the feel of this famous bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like both of these; but I love the framing on the first one!
    I love how you always manage to capture the flag in so many of your images.
    Lovely post Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. how about a poem about a bridge---it links two destinations, does take courage to venture out on and can be a thing of beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  22. it does impress in its looming size

    ReplyDelete
  23. Unusual angles of the famous bridge. I crossed it twice, in 1967. (That's a lot of water under the bridge.)
    I love your idea of thinking about the moon as our pal! I will.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice shot of this famous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful Bridge.Love your sky Watch-photos today!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous6:09 PM

    You have an sure eye for the beauty in bridges, and have been taking a lot of intriguing, unconventional viewpoints and compositions. Really enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very Artsy Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that bridge - great picture - it was really overcast the last time I was there and my pictures didn't turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous7:47 PM

    How beautiful, Sandy! Did we mention Mom has panic attacks on bridges?

    ReplyDelete
  30. hi,

    I recently launched a photo meme for black & white photos. I wish you can visit me at http://monochromeday.org

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful shots! It is such an iconic bridge, but your views are out of the ordinary. Happy swf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous9:06 PM

    Lovely shots of the Brooklyn Bridge Sandy. Great sky as well!

    ReplyDelete
  33. cool bridge! is that the same bridge they had the water falls set up under? my frined from queens sent me a photo earlier this summer and it was really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What wonder SWF wires. Perfect capture.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Lovely perspective on the bridge, Sandy. I don't think I've ever seen photos of it from the same angle(s) before.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The silhouette of the suspension wires look delicate, that can never be!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful views of the bridge with a great angle, Sandy.
    Enjoy Sky Watch!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These photos remind of the first time I ever drove across this majestic bridge. It truly is a special one! Happy Sky Watch!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the colours in your photo. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Last time I drove over that, was in 1992. Much nicer than the Cross Bronx Expressway.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous3:16 AM

    very beautiful capture, wonderful choice for swf

    ReplyDelete
  42. love the 2nd pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's weird, i can only see the photo's if I click on them 9this time)
    But they are well worth the trouble, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Sandy, I like that bridge. I've been on it quite a few times, it is always amazing. I love to look below at the quaint architecture. Of course this is SkyWatch day, so
    Happy Skywatching,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  45. I loved the bridges in all the big American cities when I visited your country. These make me nostalgic! Thank you for taking the time to visit me too - here in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  46. hehehe
    Are you going to try to sell us the bridge, Sandy?
    Inquiring minds want to know.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I guess this is the closest I will ever come to seeing the Brooklyn Bridge. Interesting shot.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Very interesting shots pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Perfect shots, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Interesting perspective on both photos today … thanks for sharing. I’ve shared ‘pink clouds on blue skies’ (and a bit of haiku) at Sacred Ruminations ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh you got to see the 'water fall' ... lovely .. the angle is perfect! I think that the Bklyn Bridge is my favorite of all the bridges here in NYC ...

    :-Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  52. That is amazing. The 2nd one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Excellent pictures. The second one made me think of Discovery's "Life After People"

    ReplyDelete
  54. I like the photos! I have never been to Boston that's a neat peek. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. I just wonder if every one of those cables is necessary. Anyway, it looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great photos of the Bridge--really liked the spider web view. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Anonymous3:24 PM

    Those are awesome. I really would love to see it in person some day, but at least I have your talent to hold me over until then.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very nice approach to the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anonymous4:05 PM

    slick pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. I've been across that bridge but long ago. Very nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Wow! I love your bridge photos! Thank you also for visiting my page!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow! Great, unusual angles Sandy! Beautiful captures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh, I've passed through this bridge a few years back.

    Lovely shots of the Brooklyn Bridge. Happy SWF Sandy.

    - celine

    ReplyDelete
  64. Eye-catching scenes! I love the weeping willow! And, the bridge support wires....striking!

    Thank you for your work with SkyWatch. The upcoming MyWorldTuesday sounds like a great plan!

    I like the Chardin quote.

    ReplyDelete
  65. The Brooklyn Bridge at its best, Sandy, in your SWF angles! Many thanks to you and the whole team for this great meme. So, bring on the world!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Hi Sandy, Great shot of the Brooklyn Bridge for SWF. Very nicely composed.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Anonymous2:38 AM

    Your shots of the beautiful Brooklyn Bridge do it justice. No wonder so many people have commented on these and the one below. Just lovely. And thanks for visiting my blog!

    Happy SWF!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Bridgest are beautiful against the sky. Another good targets are trees and especially sails of the sailing ship.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Gorgeous Skywatch photos! I hadn't seen them yet, and it's now Saturday. We are expecting my brother in from Nebraska, and things are a bit crazy around here right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wonderful composition and what a view! Well done Sandy! Bravo Zulu

    ReplyDelete
  71. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Lovely photos, and I really appreciate your posts that go along with them. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.