Our Lives, Our Fortunes, Our Sacred Honor

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The Fourth of July is for me a holiday about family and friends as much as about where we are. All the cultural, political, and historical events that have combined to create this time and place are a part of each of us; our greatest shared inheritance is a spirit of generous optimism. May it always be so. Our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor--one is as indistinguishable from the other as yours is from mine. It's good to be here and it's good to know you.


Viola Jaynes captures the spirit of today here. I hope you'll read this beautiful post.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Happy 4th! You have an award waiting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right that you are! whatever race, whatever culture and in whatever state of life that we are and have, all of us celebrate in our very special ways our own independence.

    happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Happy fourth (again). I have always loved those, not sure what they're called but have always loved them. They make me think of huge houses in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Happy 4th Sandy. I am blessed to live in such a wonderful country and to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Have a safe and wonderful holiday Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That essay was wonderful Happy Fourth of July! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:03 AM

    I made a red, white, and blue dessert for my house guest. Strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is true for me as well Did you have a nice peaceful day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:42 PM

    A nice way to think about a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a great day. I have my own sort of independence going on... and I am on day 4 so far, so good. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.