Blog Your Blessings: Wind

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
I love to awake to the wind in springtime. The wind blew wild on Wednesday; my eyes opened at the sound of its dark and solemn music at four a.m. I lay and listened and watched the dull blue light of dawn blow in ever so slowly. After I pulled myself from my warm bed, I pulled on my sweats and went for a walk. I had wrapped an old winter coat around the warmth of sleep and enjoyed every last bit of it as the wind spun around me. I watched the trees sway and felt the music of the wind vibrating on the long and graceful branches of the ancient trees like so many violins. And the water. There's nothing more amazing to me than the wind moving across the water, blowing diamonds of light into shadows and shores. It is a silent movement, and it is magical. And the smell. I love the smell of the wind in my clothes. It is pure and clean and all its own. I love the thunder and strength of wind. It is the pulse of air, a proof of some mysterious, musical life that penetrates everything. It is the soul of the day, dancing, tapping my window, dancing. Come out and play.

More at Blog Your Blessings

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. Anonymous5:07 PM

    This is beautiful!

    Bless indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:27 PM

    I could envision myself walking in the early morning and experiencing the wind as you described. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I love a good windy day and walking with my dog Max. Especially the Fall with the leaves blowing about :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vibrant force of nature

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the tips of the branches. it's great that you were able smell the freshness of the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our house in the US backed to woods with ancient trees. On windy days I could here the wind sing in the tree tops. Sometimes I imagined hearing voices, native Indians singing their ancient songs.

    At my parent's home I loved nothing better than snuggling up in bed at night with freshly laundered sheets that had been hung to dry outside, the wind playing with them in the sun, leaving that certain sun-kissed fragrance behind. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:01 PM

    This one I could always trade for my busy life at work. I love being with mother nature. Beautiful! Sandy, do take pictures of the trees again with leaves sprouting anew. Happy WS! Visit our WS 4, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:52 PM

    Nature is a wonderment to be enjoyed.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a prolific blogger. How do you manage to post so much? This was lovely.

    e-Mom @ Chrysalis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy, you were caught up in a truly poetic moment when you took that walk. Your words are beautifully written and deeply moving to my heart. You should write this out in poetry form...it is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very goodly post indeed and a wonderful blessing...

    In a moment of comedy, if I may, on Friday, we had a wee storm go through my neck of the woods and the wind, for the first time in ages, literally "howled" as it passed the electrical wires... and I thought, "Man, the wind can be kinda scary..."

    ...then I read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This reminds me of when I would practice soccer near some woods. When the wind picked up for a moment, the sound of the leaves rustling in the wind almost sounded like they were applauding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautifully written and so descriptive Sandy.

    I also love the wind (as long as it's not bitterly cold). It softens the edges of nature and changes our perception of any given moment outside.

    www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.