Skywatch Friday: Three Minutes Every Day

My neighbor told me today that we are losing three minutes of daylight every day now.  Depressing, he said.  Possibly, I think.  Another neighbor said she is glad for the end of summer.  The coolness and the soft light agree with her.  Still, the raccoons are plumping up, the (newly discovered) beaver is busy in the pond doing something, the egrets make a show of avoiding us, and the Canada geese are still here.  The neighbor who welcomes the cool also promises a very cold winter.  That will come soon enough, and we will snuggle up inside with the puppies and the blankets.  Life passes quickly by.  It seems an art to flow with it, to accept what it is, rather than to fight the tide.  There is no time for the madness.

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. "Life passes quickly by. It seems an art to flow with it, to accept what it is, rather than to fight the tide. There is no time for the madness."

    What a lovely post! I strive to produce this much beauty and meaning - you seem to do it naturally from who you are, S.

    May I appropriate that smashing quote?

    Thanks friend, thanks for keeping the warmth. . . . together.



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right. seasons will change whether we are ready or not. :) each one brings its own joys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful golden glow! I am looking forward to fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're just the fortunate observers. And I'm glad that your lovely photography is among the treasures I get to observe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the changing seasons, particularly here in the northwest!! The golden glow of sunsets will change, but there will be a new kind of beauty -- as there is with each season if we choose to see and enjoy!! Beautiful, wise post and wonderful capture for the day, Sandy!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:48 PM

    Life is so much better if we accept the things we can't change. This is a gorgeous shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:51 AM

    And this means it is time for me to start taking Vitamin D and use my SAD light. I will miss the long days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the golden Sky, so beautiful!

    Greetings from Germany
    Traudi

    ReplyDelete
  9. carpe diem-seize the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes we enjoyed the sun as much as we could and now....Its back to dull skies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful photo. It feels like fall with the brilliant sun shining through grey clouds. Always the sun to lift ones sprits whether it is the heat of summer or the cold of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sky shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is something to like about any kind of weather I think. Except I don't like it when the tornadoes come, or the hurricanes, big ice storms, and such.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.