Skywatch Friday: The Courage to Live It

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."  
John Irving

Making my way through A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving and read by actor Joe Barrett for the second time in a month, I heard Owen give this voice to John Wheelwright again.  As I listened, I thought, "That means waking up."  In every way.  The thought took my heart and mind back to my favorite place, and then I stepped into my other favorite place to start a day's work.  

Wishing you the best.

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. i am all for waking up in every way, everyday....lovely pic too...have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes!! I do agree with Brian and I have to do the same thing -- every day! Have a lovely weekend, Sandy!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yourse strikes me as a life well loved! (and lived :)


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shot, Sandy!
    Beautiful quote...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes it is important to love what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful thought and picture to begin my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely
    ...fantastic foto !!..
    .☸ڿڰۣڿڰۣ
    Have a nice day Greeting from Belgium
    Blog seniorennet.Be Louisette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photograph and then a great sentence "The thought took my heart and mind back to my favorite place, and then I stepped into my other favorite place to start a day's work. "

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEautiful photo Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, inspiring a good meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we do need to cherish each day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Along the coast...and on the mountain top are among my favorite places to be.
    Beautiful photograph...
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two favorite places is a double blessing! (You make your own blessings!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.