Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today's Flowers: Breath of Fresh Air

When I left work in New Haven, the air was so warm that I had to stop at my trunk and peel off the layers of warmth I had needed at 5:30 in the morning, when I left the house.  By the time I got to Naugatuck--not so many miles up the road--the flurries were blowing around, performing a strange reenactment of last Friday.  Spring's not a week away, and the pleasure of beautiful, yellow flowers pushing through the earth is not so far away.

Today's Flowers.com

11 comments:

Lin Floyd said...

ah the tease of sprng's arrival-is it here to stay?

TexWisGirl said...

ahh, that lovely confusion of spring. :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

March is a teaser month.

Sylvia K said...

I do agree with Yogi, March is a teaser month indeed!! We're seeing little spots of color here and there, but still GRAY, GRAY skies!!! Hope you have a sunny weekend, Sandy! Enjoy!

Mama Zen said...

Really pretty shot, Sandy!

Birdie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdie said...

╭━┳━━┳━━━┳┳━━┳━━┓
┃╭┫┏╮┃┏━╮┣┫┏╮┃╭━┛
┃╰┫┗╯┃┗━╯┃┃┃┃┃┣━┓
╰╮┃┏━┫┏╮┏┫┃┃┃┃┣┓┃
┏╯┃┃┏╯┃┃╰┫┃┃┃┃╰╯┃
┗━┻┛┗━╯╰━┻┻┛┗┻━━╯❀

SueAnn Lommler said...

And unfortunately snow is just around the corner as well.
Last April we received 22 inches of snow in one night!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic!

Leovi said...

Yes, I do. Excellent composition! Exquisite!

Kathie Brown said...

Sandy, how well I remember wearing a heavy coat to school, then going barefoot int he afternoon and vice versa! Your post made me smile. I wish you tons of daffodils and narcissus! Soon! Very soon! I haven't forgotten you, just been busy birding!