Today's Flowers: Toxic Beauty




From May 20, 2012

I love the way the oleander comes and goes all year. Mom and dad have three varieties guarding the perimeter of the house. The colors--and the tenacity of the plants--remind me of the colors of rhododendron. It's hard not to love pink around here. 

Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through.
Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it.
This is a kind of death.
(Anais Nin)

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. 'Guarding the perimeter' made me smile.
    These are lovely Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oleander guarding the perimeter lol
    What a great way to guard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and you photographed this very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good title for this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower!! And I love the quote...so true!! It is a kind of death...!!!
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty flower. I can't say I've ever seen it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pink oleander.
    deadly beauty.:p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I confess I love pink, please don't tell my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely pink flower to be guarding the house and yard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...really perfect quote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The guards have nice uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flowers and the quote. And yes, life sure is a process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photo... we have some Oleander as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous blooms!

    Orange Lilies, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. RE. the quote: This is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the best quote EVER! Look 4 it @ my place soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never had the pleasure of growing an oleander, but my sisters terrace is surrounded by these lovely plants and flowers.;)
    Absolutely love that quote, so true.;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.