Luc Freymanc: Passion, Pen, and Ink

I fell in love with the work of Luc Freymanc three years ago when I sought an image that captured the wisdom and mystery, passion and turmoil that was the life of Christ. What was it like to be that teacher, I wondered, to test your own hypothesis about the ultimate power of love even to the point of your own death? To do so with courage and integrity that the people you held dear might understand that we are part of the one life, the one truth, the one mystery we call God?

At Freymanc's site, I discovered a veritable ocean of drawings of Christ that captured all of this. These were rapidly drawn sketches, passionate moments, insights into the very heart of a loving God. Impressionistic and immediate, the intense lines and the open spaces spoke to me of the purpose, passion, and pathos, of a Man good for his Word.

Freymanc uses a fountain pen to create these works, some of which are 1 to 2 inches high. Freymanc drew his first pen-and-ink image of the Christ on the night his father died. The image accompanied the obituary. It has accompanied his mothers and that of many others since he created it in 2001.

I visit Freymanc's site and literally fall into the drawings--Jesus at Gethsemane, healing the leper, praying...the Stations of the Cross. All of these images tell me that the Kingdom of God--that wonderful world of peace and truth and eternity--thrive in each of us.

I used Freymanc's images to create the video "It Could Have Been You" here.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Oh Sandy, this is WONDERFUL! I'll go over and look at his drawings.

    Words alone simply can't express such powerful love as this.

    This is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so touching. I love pen & Ink . My husband used to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pen and ink drawings are magnificent, Sandy! I really love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenominal. Amazing what talents lie within certain souls. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:41 PM

    Thanks so much for contributing this post to The Seventh Day: Ninth Edition blog carnival at On the Horizon! The Carnival will be live tomorrow, February 24, 2008! Stop by and check out the other excellent submissions!

    I'm familiar with Freymanc's work. It is amazing. Every time I look at one of his drawings, I get the sense that the work was divinely inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry but I don't know at all this artist he seems to be very talented in his drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That video you did was awesome. I love the simplicity of the pen and ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.