Whatever you Love, you are


If you want money more than anything,
you will be bought and sold.
If you have a greed for food,
you will become a loaf of bread.
This is a subtle truth.
Whatever you love, you are. (Rumi)


I came across these lines by Rumi the other day and wondered what it would be like to be indistinguishable from a summer day full of color, light, and heat. I love all of these things. I was up early yesterday, and the air was still cool and light. Down at the swamp, I watched a red-winged blackbird alight on a bare thin tree and sing until another and then another came along. Then off they flew. How long had I waited for that moment with my camera? It came when my hands were empty. Later, rain fell to beat the bands and I thought, that's a summer day, too.

About those storm reports

Post a Comment

0 Comments