Our World Tuesday: Bermuda

 Adella and I visited Bermuda via a cruise ship last week.  We were the guests of some old and dear friends.  We enjoyed the company as much as the views and the experiences.  Here is Adella looking a little grainy (thanks to my top-notch camera skills) at sunrise last Wednesday, when we arrived.
While we waited to dock, we watched this little tug moor this behemoth with a few shoelaces.  That was something to see!  You can be as big and mighty as you dare with your sideways skyscraper, Norwegian, but you ain't nothing without that little tug.

The Faithful tied our shoelaces for us.

 Rain clouds came and did their thing and went, but the weather was mostly sunny and very warm.  Perfect, actually.

Adella and I walked from St. George's to Tobacco Bay and then to Achilles Bay.  The coral created natural sculptures in the water, which was as pellucid as could be.

 Back at King's Wharf, we walked around the erstwhile British naval yard and took in the locally produced wares--like rum cake and rum taffy and ginger beer.  We were loving how outspoken the locals were.  We watched one over-indulged child pitch a fit over his mother's refusal to buy ice cream at 9:30 a.m. After he slammed shut the door of the ice cream cooler, the lady behind the counter told him, "That's very rude.  Very rude.  You are very rude to your mother."  (She was clear.)  "Now you apologize to your mummy for being rude to her."  He whimpered an embarrassed, "Sorry," to his mother, who said, "See!"  That was a, "Wow.  Really?" moment for all of us.
We got around the island with the help of local folks who sat next to us on the bus or the bench on the side of the road and asked where we needed to go.  And then they gave us directions.  Very cool.  Very peaceful.  And everyone said, "Life is beautiful."  Agreed.

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Oh, how wonderful, Sandy!! Beautiful captures and I can feel the delight that both of you much have experienced!! Thanks so much for sharing the fun and the beauty with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bermuda sounds like my kind of place. I love the shopkeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those coastal scenes are breathtakingly beautiful. If you like you can link up with the new edition of "Through My Lens". Link is below.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting place to visit...I doubt I'll ever go there, not much of a cruise ship or beach resort person but looks fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's great Sandy! Perfect getaway. It is beautiful. And I love the tugboat metaphor. Yes. (Also I wonder if that child's mother learned a permanent lesson in how to say no from the vendor? I hope so.).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:25 PM

    What a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bermuda looks like a gorgeous place.

    If anyone corrected anyone's child in public there would be a huge uproar here. But it's all part of being a village - I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bermuda sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooow...everything looks awesome! I bet you have great time there. I particularly love the coral sculptures. It reminds me of Indonesia, my hometown :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.