Our World Tuesday: Quassy

 Before school started, I took my family to Quassy, a century-old, family-owned amusement in Middlebury, Connecticut, where there is a fantastic, old carousel that makes its rounds and its music even as most patrons prefer to splash around the water park or get their guts churned on more daring rides.
 Those gutsy rides aren't for me.  I spent a good part of the day doing laps on the carousel and enjoying the details of the different horses, sea horses, lions, and other forms of exotic wildlife making the rounds with me.

 Adella said the emptiness of this shot made it kind of eerie and sad.  I agree, but I also think the two young 'uns in pink seem happy in their own world--same way I was in mine.
 My nephew Adam joined me for a few laps and let me take his picture for posterity.  I love that kid.
 I love the giraffe's ears.
 Both my nephews struck this pose for me.  Adella and the boys climbed inside the shark for the finale.
I recommend Quassy for a pleasant day in a small park with nice, clean rides, a clean and pleasant beach,  very good food (best Caesar salad in town), and clean air (It's a no-smoking park.).

Have a great week!

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. It looks like my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, my kind of place, too!! I'm ready to go right now!! Fun captures for the day! Have a great week, Sandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love carousels. The carved details of each animal is really a work of art. Wish I could see the seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun photos Sandy, love their smiling faces and that carousel is fabulous. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:23 PM

    I LOVE this Sandi. Carousels never get old. The b/w with the splash of blue was so pretty. And yes, the giraffe ears are pretty funny, and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:38 PM

    Now that looks like a nice day!

    Today my husband and I were out for a walk around one of our local lakes that is "no smoking". There were thousands of cigarette butts everywhere. meh

    ReplyDelete
  8. the horses of the carousel looks so well made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like lots of fun. I like carousels. This one is fab. The giraffe makes it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Please link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/09/shell-game-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like e Classic Carousel and a lot of good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it looks like you had a wonderful time and some good family fun. great photos and also memories. i love this slow easy ride, for memories sake as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would be my kind of amusement park -- and my kind of ride.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be my kind of amusement park -- and my kind of ride.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.