Skywatch Friday: My Favorite Skies


Gray skies tend to clear the beach and leave some peace and quiet for the pelicans, who own it, after all.  It's always maic to see them.

 Adella and I like to take the ride down to Topsail to take pictures, walk around, and stop into the Quartermoon Bookstor for books and smoothies and nice conversations with the ladies there.
This building is now a meeting hall and the Missiles and More museum depicting the history of the island--especially Operation Bumblebee, the Navy's secret guided missile operation after World War II.  The skies are gorgeous, no doubt about it.

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. the video wouldn't play for me, but the pics are nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first one wouldn't load for me either. i like the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, me either!! I've had so much trouble like this lately!! It looks/sounds as though you and Adella are having the usual great visit to Topsail!! Enjoy the weekend, Sandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty skies and I like the border on your photos. Very retro looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, a beachfront book Store. I've seen'em but not lately.

    Love the pelicans. How a creature can look so laughable on the ground and so beautiful in the air I'll never figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like walking on the beach with you, Sandy




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3 >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice skies.
    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to see the pelicans at the beach, great video.. Lovely memories for you and your daughter at the beach. Have a great weekend and happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to see the pelicans at the beach, great video.. Lovely memories for you and your daughter at the beach. Have a great weekend and happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun name for a place Topsail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pelicans look like flying dinosaurs and a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.