Our World Tuesday: ECU Band Camp Makes the Grade

 Adella spent last week at band camp at East Carolina University.  She was the only Connecticut student among the North Carolinians, but she felt welcomed and at-home.  She took on some challenging music with her band, and the did a fabulous job.  It was utterly amazing.  It's easy to see why the ECU Music Department is so strong.
 Before the show, we walked around Greenville, and Adella had a little dance with the billboard.  Not everybody can do ballet with a smoothie in hand.
 Back on campus, we took in the art that adorns every corner of the very beautiful campus. I didn't look to see what this work was called, but itmade me think of Louis LeBrocquy's "Don Quixote."

Dell liked this one.  It madeus think of 3-D graffiti.

I was out of storage on my phone, so I didn't get a recording of the works, but I will soon have the CD, and I will share.  Given the chance, kids can do some amazing stuff with music.  Here's to ECU for what the school did for my kid, and here's to my kid for giving it a try.

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. What fun. It will be interesting to hear parts of the cd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. Band camp is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great fun for her. loved the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, great shots! I know you both had a wonderful time!! Looking forward to the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful she continues to play and excell like this.
    I wish one of my kids took an interest but alas no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Dell. It takes strength of character (especially in those teen years) to step out of one's comfort zone without friends along! She is a talented poised and beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear! Your quote is featured today: http://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2014/06/dusk-set-nightfall.html


    Great comments on it too


    Aloha, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. good use of summer vacation time....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice and fun for her.
    What nice art that someone has done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are precious and she will cherish them so much in the years ahead, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.