Our World Tuesday: The Wonders of an Ordinary Day

We had a short week last week to honor the Jewish holidays.  I am not Jewish, so I did other things.  Like emissions testing.  This is a process in which a person takes your car and your government paperwork, disappears for a little while, and comes back to say you're good for another two years.  (It's a government thing.)  Twenty dollars later, I left the garage and went back to my school work at home.

This nice lady with her Madonna-style underwear waved me off.

I came home to a package on my stoop.
It was a present from the very talented and kind Theresa of the Run*A*Round Ranch blog fame.

I won a raffle!  What's better than a day off--except a day off with presents?  She included a nice note and some four-leaf-clovers from Texas.  Her kind words and her tokens of good luck made my day bright.  Talk about nice.  People are good and generous because they want to be and because they can.  That right there is worth thinking about for a long time.
My day only get better because it wasn't long after the mail came that the pups and I went to pick up Adella from school.  Though the taxpayers of Woodbury provide her with her own private transportation--a big, yellow school bus--I like to pick her up on the rare days I am home and she is slaving away over the books.  The canine chorus line enjoyed the trip, too.

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. did you ever get the book you won from my blog? I sent it to Topsail address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! The pups are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as though your week is off to a great start, Sandy! And a great look at your world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day. I like the pressent you got. And I appreciate that throughout it, yu took time for pics to show us. I especially like the lady in underwear. Thanks Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ordinary days are often the best kind. Congrats on your win, I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so incredibly kind. you made my day, sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tine Madonna, presents and dogs. I would say that is a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet interlude. And am delighted to see you get Tex's butterfly!


    Aloha Sweet Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special day it turned out to be. Presents always makes a day feel better. I am sure Adella enjoyed being chauffeured in her own carriage with its canine entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a perfect day ... everything about it would make me happy. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice and interesting day.
    We have the check for cars every two years as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice treat you got today....art is a cool thing to win as well...as it def keeps on giving...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes, a day with a gift instead of bills.
    Your pups are on point for your daughter. Two of our three don't like car. Our Pom thinks he is the dog that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:49 PM

    That looks like a wonderful day all round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful day! That butterfly is beautiful and I'm sure Texas four leaf clovers will keep you in good spirits, along with those sweet dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool fotos, love much the second and with dogs, see proud greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.