Today's Flowers: Coneflower

These flowers were blooming in abundance outside a medical building near the Biltmore in Providence when I was there last month.  They were surrounded by black-eyed Susans and phlox, and it was very beautiful.  One of the great advantages of being an early riser is seeing such things at rest and beautiful, before the day gets busy with people rushing about and all the tension and energy that go with that.  Bunches of flowers are like treetops in that they seem to create their own worlds, and once you get in, you don't want to get out.  Too pretty.

Today's Flowers

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself Sandy, early mornings are a gift and so are these beautiful cone flowers. Thank you for sharing them my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen a cone flower until I was in North Carolina. Beautiful flowers...simply gorgeous. Your photo displays them splendidly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your words are true. gorgeous flowers. i wish i'm an early riser.:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some reason, this shot reminded me of a city skyline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, my favorite times of the day are dawn and dusk. The dawn has so much promise for each day. Beautiful flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, one of my secret pleasures is coneflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, this is too pretty. You're almost convincing me to become an early riser. So hard to change habits though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. I used to wake up and take walks
    early in the morning around 5 am and I have to admit it is the best time in the world to see the world waking up.

    I saw these flowers just the other day . They sure have hard and prickly
    heads. Amazing flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the vibrant color and unconventional shape of cone flowers. The are also very beneficial as an herbal tea. I'm not an early riser but you really made me consider what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful .... and I agree with you about why it's worth it to get up early.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely flowers, so pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty flowers. There are so many of them too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cone flowers..and they are easy to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The purple coneflowers are so beautiful. I hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.