Our World Tuesday: It's a Party

Last week, we celebrated Rio's birthday.


Rio is my cousin Jayne's three-year-old Doberman pinscher.  He, like his half-sister Honor and brother in spirit Austin, is an incredibly well-behaved therapy dog who gets a lot of wary glances when he is out and about.  All three dogs are devoted to my cousin.  Austin, who is eight, is very sick with cancer and a heart problem.  When my nephew Adam met him last summer, he took to the old boy.  Even though Adam was in Connecticut last week, he was able to attend the party and visit with Austin.


Jayne says it's better to get a photo of them with their mouths closed, but I go for the happy look.  Here's Honor:


Clyde partook in his stately way.

Maeve was at the party with her Havanese pal Beau, whom my cousin babysits just about every day of the week.  He is a lovable kook with very strong opinions about what he should be getting up to at any given moment.  Anyway, he and Maeve sat for me for this photo:
It's good to have dogs around.  They don't let you forget to have fun.

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

23 Comments

  1. Yes it is good to have dogs.After the police were chasing this escaped person with a knife the other day, I told my husband, you really can't live without a good dog in the house.
    I was thinking not to have any more once my two are gone but I had one like Honor except with floppy ears and she was such a great dog. She was easy to train,very obedient,easy to keep clean, didnt bark.Very manageable even for old people and a dog my son could jog with easily without getting tired.
    I think this would probably be my last dog if we got her. I like girl dogs because they don't lift their legs when they pee. Peeing is a big deal for me. I had one little Prince who'd lift his leg on all my couches. I was not pleased at all lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun!! I love the doggies and their pictures!! I do miss my Sam Schnauzer!!! Thanks for sharing the fun, Sandy! Hope all of you have a wonderful, fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good portraits of the dogs. ALmost makes me want to go looking for another dog. We still miss our Luna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have companions that are perfect in all respects. For one thing they 'speak' when cajoled but they never talk back! Your pics are lovely Sandy!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:09 PM

    lovely dogs...have you had people injured by dogs in your country? here in Chile there are many dogs wandering in the streets...it is a problem ...some have been killed by dogs ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha. its a full on puppy party...we celebrate our cats birthday as well...he gets sardines...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful friends!!!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun time. Great shots of the dogs and people too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little dogs are cute, but Rio and Honor are gorgeous. I can see why a boy would feel for the poor old fella with the cancer and heart problem, too. Dogs bring out the best in people.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice dogs all,

    I'm basically a cat person but it has gotten to where I just don't get people that don't like dogs. I mean I can understand not liking a cat, but not liking a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! We have birthday paties for our family dogs, and we all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so true.....great pics
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dobes are smart, and when socialized make great companions!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, cute pics! I'm definitely a dog person. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. dogs really are a lovely presence and friendship.

    please come by for a visit Sandy ~
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. at Spirithelpers that is...

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're all so sweet and all so different. What a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Such lovely photos of the dogs! What good work they do with Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maeve and Beau are so sweet :) kisses and tight hugs to them...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet. What a great group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.