Our World Tuesday: Wings, Silence, Cool Light

Lots of birds seem to start their day alone on the beach, though not so many people.  People tend to travel in pairs at any time of day.  Not me, though.  My partner is my camera.  I'm good with that; I like going home to family and a warm drink and news of who flew into the morning. 


I can't get enough of pelicans--especially this early riser.   I like the little birds on the beach, though I get more butt shots of them than anything else.


A look out the back window when the sun was good and up revealed this solitary hunter checking out the neighbors' new dock for perching potential.


This elusive heron is not the skittish bird he used to be. No need to screw up the moment with unnecessary drama when the sun is warming the ol' feathers.


Wishing you a good, peaceful week.












Post a Comment

24 Comments

  1. Yes, delicious photos with an exquisite combination of light and color

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a peaceful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the silver and gold shimmers in the 2nd photo. so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely morning walk Sandy! I'm a solo beach walker and I too like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun seeing these water birds. It won't be long and they will be making their way north.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely interlude, Sandy. My camera &I send you 2 our friendly Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful way to start any day! Love your captures, Sandy! Hope you get to take many more of the same place!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pelicans in Connecticut? I like relate to the idea of your camera being your partner. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to enjoy a peaceful morning. You are doing a good thing.
    So do the pelicans stay where it's cold? I thought they would have gone further south.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes you wander
    and share the world that you find
    then becoming a gift to us
    those quiet times are treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. serenity personified in the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful way to spend the morning. Thank you kindly for sharing its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great captures. Love the golden shine in your second image! Never occurred to me that birds could be cold:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to walk there with my camera. Lovely captures Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:15 AM

    You live in an amazing place. Your shots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, the light in the second is simply exquisite ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandy, what a lovely place to be. I am an early riser too, up with the birds. Love the Pelican, Egret and the Heron. Lovely photos! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great lighting!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the peace in the early morning. Spending time alone with your camera is quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your chilling solitary birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tanks Sandy. These are beautiful pictures. So glad the camera is your best morning companion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Sandy, I think you could not ask for abetter friend to take along on your morning walks.;) And I love the beach in the morning.;)
    Lovely photos as always, have a great rest of the week,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.