Today's Flowers: Sated



From June 10, 2012

From June 9, 2012
The bee in the first shot went about knocking the petals off many a flower as he bopped around the wildflower buffet at Three Rivers last weekend. In his own small way, he was making a huge mess. The garden-variety fly on the daisy was doing his thing without any bother on the same day. (The album dates do not correspond to the dates I took the pictures. Just my excellent and unique filing skills skewing things around her just a bit.) Down South, many folks assume summer in Connecticut must be a cool and refreshing thing. The truth is, though, that the humidity that makes our humid subtropical climate a four-season adventure is every bit as intense as anything down there. Ever since that summer 14 years ago when I was great (gigantic) with child, no amount of heat bothers me. I'm grateful for that season for many reasons, including for conditioning me so that I could, as the Boss says, "smell the deep green of summer" and enjoy it completely.

Today's Flowers

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. wgat a blessing, I don't take humidity at all that's why I live in the dry western desert areas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wonders of nature...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful captures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I strive to not let the heat bother me. The alternative is staying inside, and that is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely captures. I too enjoy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images - and I wish we would have a summer, of any kind, cool and refreshing or hot and humid, as long as it is sunny.;) So far we have had very little sun here, sigh.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.