One Single Impression: In Love with Life


Before me
The Atlantic Ocean
Whispers, “Yes,”
In the grand, eternal,
You-show-up-because-I’m-worth-it
Way of oceans. 
The Intracoastal Waterway
Says much the same
From behind the strong back of this strip of sand
I call home.
My lullaby is this liquid anthem to life.
I stand in silent awe as my heart keeps time
With the water
And wonder if the birds
Do the same.
Osprey, heron, loon, gull, pelican….
Where do you sleep,
And do you breathe in the same time
As the ocean
And me?

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. you sound happy, you're book I sent should be arriving any day now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do indeed sound happy and I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy your weekend -- and I'm so sure that you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up the happy spirits and good vibes... nice!

    Here's what I did with the shell photo:

    http://mypoeticpath.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/haiku-reflections-beach-dreams/

    hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At peace aren't you?

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:56 PM

    beautiful....love most the last lines...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spreading a little happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do now, as i read your heartfelt poem my breathing changed, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed this fine poem, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a poem Sandy, especially to a guy in the midwest as we ponder where our vacation is going to be. Museums and such are nice, but nothing beats "being" near the water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ocean must surely know you're there Sandy. You love it so much. And I'm sure if it could read, it would smile at this love poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the poetic way that you speak of my former home.;) I do know what you mean.;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.