Our World Tuesday: The View Out Back






When my folks are down, dad spends his time reading out front, where we can hear the surf from the porch even if we can't quite see it; and mom spends her time out back, where she takes in the comings and goings on the Intracoastal Waterway.  It's never dull back there.
From March 17, 2012
From the back porch, you can watch the beach come and go on barges.
Then, too, you can watch other things come and go and wonder what they were until the next thing comes along.

From March 17, 2012
Sometimes nothing's happening on the water, and that's cool, too.  Sometimes looking up is everything.

From March 25, 2012


Then there's this dude who can be seen out back and elsewhere.  When he squawks and flies off, I swear he's saying, "You can't look at me!"  Except that we can.  It's a matter of driving down to Surf City and waiting for him to show up and enjoy the joke, too.
From February 12, 2012

The blue guy has family in the hood who also prefer to be left alone. This weekend, they were doing the ol' "if we ignore her, she'll go away" on me It worked. I went. And then I realized the humidity and beach slime on my lens really were interfering with my photos. Oh well.
From March 25, 2012
It's quiet around here. And it's good.

Our World Tuesday

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. what a wonderful views and place you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Great views and a wonderful picture of the Heron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to be able to sense the delight you're enjoying in your new home!! I'm so happy for you, Sandy! Your captures are delightful as always and I, too, love the heron!! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate that when the wet weather affects my camera. lol The birds have a great place to live. Marshes are interesting places. I used to gently got through them with my boat and examine life found under the water. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a place, beach on one side, canal on the other. I've found that is a common divide with people. Beach people like the waves, swimming, laying out, long walks and such. The canal people like boating, fishing, skiing, and being on the water and never walk anywhere.

    Then there are the special ones who like both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful views Sandy from front and back. They are all great but I especially love the shot of the Great Blue Heron.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sandy - fantastic living there, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my.... the ship on photo 2 looks very havily loaded!! =O
    I sure guess your view from your porch is beautiful..


    Beautiful bird and photos! And fun written also! :)

    Happy Easter to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a lovely place to live. I enjoyed your commentary about the birds, especially.

    The puffy clouds in the third photo are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That seems to be an interesting place to spend some time in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks quite around there indeed. Beautiful views, Sandy, I like the photo of the Blue Heron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your place Sandy. I have always wanted to live by water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful view you have. I'm hoping to live in a place where the herons come to visit. But you're so right. They don't like you to look at them. Same with the kingfishers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Wow - you live in a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is wonderful to live close to the water, the views are beautiful. I loved the heron and egrets. Thanks for sharing your world. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When we lived at Wrightsville, we lived on the ICW. I could see the boats from my bed. Also, the BRIDGE went up/down/up/down LOL

    I absolutely loved it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Ahh, what lovely and serene captures of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your folks live here? Would they like to adopt me? (Except I'm probably about their age, so maybe that wouldn't work too well ;>)....what a marvelous place to be.
    (You can boat down to see us on the ICW, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.