My World Tuesday: USS North Carolina

Last week I paid my respects to the USS North Carolina in Wilmington, North Carolina. When I arrived, it was early and rainy and I pretty much had the ship to myself. That meant I could play with my camera and not be in the way. Score!  I wanted to capture the quality of character about which the battleship tells an amazing story without simply taking documentary photos. I wondered what took me by the heart could tell its own story, and I wouldn't say a word.



From July 27, 2011

From July 27, 2011


From July 27, 2011

From July 27, 2011


From July 27, 2011

From July 27, 2011


Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. Beautiful illustrations of how powerful light and shadow can be. The second shot has me perplexed though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shows that there is so much more to the ship than water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting perspectives here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great perspectives indeed, Sandy! And a marvelous photos/ post/tribute! Hope your day is going well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool photos, you certainly captured its essence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:27 PM

    if allowed, these pictures come close to poetry. may time and life continue to treat them all kind.



    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unusual perspectives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilary,
    The second shot is a punching bag in the part of the ship where the recreational equipment was stored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have taken great shots on the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your creative take on imagery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:44 AM

    Wow - what fabulous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Powerful Sandy, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what part of the ship is the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos, even if I didn't know what I was looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your compositions are intriguing, Sandy. Great shots that do tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really interesting perspectives, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.