Header Challenge: Falling

This is what the sky looks like when rain is falling in the distance.


From August 14, 2011

When the sky looks like this, go inside and wait awhile before heading out unless you want to put yourself and your clothing through the rinse and spin cycles one more time. 
From August 14, 2011
And your camera.  My trusty Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS that fits so neatly in my pocket took some lovely shots before Adella and I faced a near drowning on Sunday after supper.  On the race home, Della lost a flip-flop and hop-skipped her way home between lightning bolts.  It was all very dramatic.  Still, we survived, and there's no sense dwelling on the past.  In the photo above, you can see rain on my lens as well as the white rain sheeting in the background.
From August 14, 2011

Did I mention my Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS is an awesome little machine?  After I documented our Survival of the Deluge, I wiped it off and put it near a warm light and gave it a day or two and, lo, it came back to life.  The little camera is indestructible.  It has put up with no end of sand and grime and water and salt and then tolerated my powering it up and down and smacking it on the palm of my hand to make it go again.  Through these summer-long rigors, I charged the battery exactly once--and only to be careful, not because it showed any signs of wearing down.  Before its two days in intensive care, it took this picture of me and my girl, giddy with delight that we weren't drowned or electrocuted, under my parents' porch.  Canon, you rock.




Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. Very clever interpretation of the header challenge. Striking photos. It looks like you girls had too much fun in the rain. It is "that" time of year around here. I think all the schools are back in session. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your dramatic picture of the storm at sea. I'm glad you got such a great camera, but try to limit its time in downpours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet picture of you two wet folks!

    I love my ELPH too...


    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such dramatic captures! And, oh yes, I do love my Canon, too! I love your header shots, particularly the last one with the light reflected on the water! Other worldly it is!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real drama at its best Sandy.
    Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a Canon PowerShot G12 myself (and another G9 being in the house) I can nothing but agree with you. I love my new camera, it is an amazing creation.
    Love all these shots here, capturing the special moments.;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics!! You captured the wetness and rain beautifully!! Ha!
    Canon does make a good camera...that is for sure!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. To think a shower could turn your world to a "barrel of monkeys!" Delightful, as it should be. Great camera. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the joy of seeing happy people in photos is indescribable. so nice to see you bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canon cameras are the best definitely (but then I'm biased). It does look a wonderful place to be despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy: Nicely done my friend, it is a great place to Fall for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great that your camera is still working after that deluge. You sure do get some lovely cloud formations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Summer storms are so exciting and full of drama. My previous camera was an earlier version of your own and I still love it dearly. Gotta love Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful i really loved and enjoyed the season !! Great post !! Thanks for Sharing!!!

    Padharo Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cannon rocks. Bur you rock more Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.