Header Challenge: Brand New (Not!)

From Wilmington


My home is the first and last word in mix-match. My old clothes are my favorite. I live for hand-me-downs. Brand new is a tough concept with me. Most of my best clothes are from LL Bean, after all, and they wear like iron. New is weird in my world. So this week's header challenge was a biggie. I ended up settling for a brand new day in Wilmington, North Carolina, and no more brand new, also in Wilmington, North Carolina. This photo of a woefully misplaced sign in the church yard of St. James Parish had me and my daughter rolling.  What's old is new or not at all.  Have a great day!

Please see the other head-bangers Dave, Lanny, Imac, Gailsman, and Tom the Fishing Guy to see their takes on brand new.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. lol so true. How nice of them to think of people who actually need a seat.
    I like to sew my clothes but instead I buy them on sale and then when I bring them home I feel like they've been lying around a while and touched many times,and used, so they are not like
    my sewn clothes which were made by me and worn by me which then can be called "NEW". lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header photo, it really captures the freshness of a new day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny.. and clever. I like their way of telling the young-uns to go park their butts elsewhere.

    Your header photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. old friends are best...
    the you die LOL!



    Aloha from Waikiki


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! That calls for a double take. http://looseleafnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You met the challenge perfectly and your header is superb! Love those droplets of water! Exquisite! Hope you're enjoying a lovely evening!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sign!

    LL Bean, may not be much on fashion, but it wears a long time. Sweetie has forbidden me from wearing it. I'm still mad that she threw out my camo pants and coleman socks in 1992.

    It's worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! When I first saw the churchyard and the wrought iron fence I thought is was a cemetery and the sign...well never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great sign, both practical and humorous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful header clear crisp and bran' new brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very keen eye to spot this one Sandy, like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your header photo (and past ones) are just gorgeous! I love your comments about LL Bean, I love their stuff too and i agree, wears like iron, wash after wash LOL


    http://www.myreallifereviews.com/2011/05/pal-pets-add-life-campaign.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.