My World Tuesday: A Capitol Place

From Mar 26, 2011

From Mar 26, 2011
The Hartford Times building, above, is being renovated for future use as an annex to the Wadsworth Atheneum.  At the moment, it's a striking ruin decorated with allegorical scenes that suggest some lofty purpose the media. 
From Mar 26, 2011
The children's playscape in Bushnell Park is as lovely as it is whimsical.  Of course, the turtles in the little water park area caught my fancy.  This is one of the few that time and the elements have not yet decapitated.  The oversized reading material behind him form the benches of the square picnic tables that dot the playscape.

From Mar 26, 2011

What's a big city without an oversized elk wearing that deer-in-the-headlights look as it surveys the urban landscape?  I'll never know, because here's the big dude in all his glory.

My World Tuesday

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. Great post for the day, Sandy! Love your photos as always and the deer and turtle are terrific! Hope your week is off to a great start! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post. I love your description of that elk. Wonderful photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 PM

    A huge elk's head! I wonder what they were thinking? Love all the quirky glimpses you show here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love whimsy like this immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting art in the middle of the city

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:31 PM

    How interesting and peaceful a sight. Thank you. Please have you all a good Tuesday.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a new take on a gargoyle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would prefer animals over gargoyles any time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just think what our buildings would look like today if the favorite food of our ancestors had been the ground hog or turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad this neat old building is being renovated for a new role.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post Snady. Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shots. I love the tile (?) piece and admit that the moose/elk is fascinating to me as well. I know not why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always note such interesting things in your area. I love the turtle. It must be because I am a big kid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for these interesting images, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.