My World Tuesday: A Polar Moment in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

Gettysburg

Gettysburg

IMG 5336

We stopped in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on Sunday morning to buy some baby gifts at Artworks and to get Clyde out for a stretch of the ol' legs. The shopping was a success, but the day was bitter cold and blowy, so we lasted for about two blocks before we high-tailed it back to the car and headed farther south to Mount Vernon, the home of George and Martha Washington. Before the cold crept into our bones, I took a few quick shots of a store window. I really liked the dreamy grandeur of the display of paintings Lincoln, Jefferson and Washington.

My World Tuesday

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. Good shots and I like the dreamy grandeur too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for braving the cold to bring us a little slice of your history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:55 PM

    I like the lights reflected in their portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I like it when you share your little escapades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, great shots! It looks like you captured wonderful images during your short visit. I wish you and your family a very healthy and happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Hi Sandy

    Happy New Year from Southern California. No snow here but a lot of rain storms and mud slides!

    I hope you and your family had a Wonderful Christmas Celebration.

    God Bless You, ~Ron
    ************************

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful paintings! Guess its a good find after all. It's not all bad.

    Happy holidays!

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of history captured in a few photos...

    ReplyDelete
  9. the place and its paintings brings out great heritage. specially for a america.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been cold here too...and blowy, not the best weather for shopping.

    The displays are well done making history seem more interesting than when I was a kid. :)

    Hope you had a great Christmas, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful images, it's a smart and attractive window indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:37 PM

    These are beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ssndy!I wish you a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the mix of old statesmen with classic Christmas. They gave me sense of history in a Dickens sort of way. Seasons Greetings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.