Blog Your Blessings: 46

Tonight my nephew Adam gave me an Andy Pettitte Topps baseball card: "2007 Achievements, King of the Hill, Andy Pettitte." For long have I heard about this card, how my nephew had it and perhaps someday it could be mine. "Andy points at you," Adam said when he first described the card to me so long ago. Bring it on!

Well, years have rolled on since the initial banter about this magnificent card.

Those years led to this day, when Adam handed me the card. Made a gift of it. No fuss. No fumbling. No strings attached.  Here is your card.

Thank you, Adam, for the gift. More than that, though, thank  you for you.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. tis the season of giving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And even more because my son, Adam, flew my oldest daughter to Seattle to spend Christmas with me as a surprise and she arrived today! I hadn't seen her in seven years and this was such a fantastic surprise! And, yes, thank you my Adam for the gift! Have a very Merry and Joyous Christmas, Sandy!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hilary, that is what struck me too, a gift from the heart...
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year dear Sandy,
    xoxo
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story Sandy. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat post Sandy, all the best for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.