Today's Flowers: Iris You a Good Morning

IMG 2397

Today's Flowers

Post a Comment

51 Comments

  1. Nice strappy laves on the yellow Iris and nice glossy leaves on the Rhododendron
    Thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured that morning light perfectly. The iris reflects the suns rays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image, Sandy! A lovely iris with beautiful lighitng!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at that pink blossom on TODAY'S FLOWERS and thought it was a mandevilla vine! Silly me. Have a good Sunday. It is misty this Sunday morning here in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Iris.
    This yellow one is beautiful.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous photo-it could win a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so pretty and just waking up to greet the morning's rays.

    Happy Sunday, guest friend at TF, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, Congratulations on being guest friend today! Both your flower pictures are lovely. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi... That is so pretty! The dappled light on your sunny yellow Iris :-)
    Thanks for sharing, great photo!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy

    Thanks for the lovely post.
    Have a good week.

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny play on words. Beautiful lighting on this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I love the light on the Iris. I have the very same one in my garden, and should see it in flower in June. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. superb angles these shots

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely photo of Iris flower...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty .. check out www.iriscitygardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never knew what that type of flower was called, like the spot of light in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your iris are so lovely and I also love the rhododendron at your parents on the home page of Today's Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandy: Wonderful flowers both here and on the main page.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos! Both this iris and that rhododendron blossom on the home page are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol..."Iris you a good morning."

    I love the two-tone effect in your photo--just green and yellow...very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love irises. They remind me of my grandmother:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely iris - I'm never successful with them so love to see them in other gardens :-)
    I liked your guest photo too - rhododendrons grow in abundance in this area (and are wild in the forest and considered a nuisance but I always like to see them)
    I read about your beaver - no other beavers nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely shot Sandy, it reminds me of God's promise...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Beautiful photo with great light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is no lovelier image than a flower.;) Have a lovely Sunday,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Exquisite flower and capture, Sandy! What a great reminder of the beauty that is all around us is we take the time to open our eyes and look. Hope you have beautiful day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful photo this one too.
    The Rhododendron at Today's Flowers is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really beautiful! The lighting and shadows makes this very artistic and moody.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Groan! spring unfolds...as do the puns! My Muskoka iris are not ready, still they sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the subtle lighting here. And I had to smile at the title of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A beautiful flower here and on Today's Flower. I love the details of the tracery of the leaves on that photo.

    Sandy, please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend, the beaver. That is heavy for you, and I am so sorry. I am sure she was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandy, I enjoyed both the Rhododendron and the Iris. Flowers are subtle it needs just a petal to see their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A mysterious iris lonely but not alone. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Iris: my favorite flower. I love the purple ones best, but yellow is not too shabby, either! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sandy great photo as guest on TF homepage!I felt as though I could reach out and touch the flower!
    Irises are so abundant right about now...love them in gardens but not in mine.
    Although I do love the water iris.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The light in that is just amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sandy, you captured a moment...and you brought us along. Tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great image, Sandy. I enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've never seen yellow Irises before & you have photographed them beautifully!
    Sorry I installed the wrong link in my entry for Today's Flowers the first time. The second ink is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the Iris!! It is my favorite flower.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  41. A beautiful atmosphere in this photo with the hint of focal light on one flowering iris surrounded by shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is the season of the iris? It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. It looks so shy hiding near shadows.. about to come into its own.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello Sandy, a very dramatic lighting on this photo. I am new here and am glad to meet you in Todays Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats Sandy. Its really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I can't see the iris photo for some reason, but your rhodo was gorgeous. I never get tired of flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.