Skywatch Friday: East Meets West

IMG 0829

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

53 Comments

  1. Luminous letters guide the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandy! how awesome! I'm from the East:).

    Enjoy and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific! Looking up, one can usually find a sense of direction. Meaningful post as always! Have a lovely weekend, Sandy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. your capture has a mystical quality to it...the lighting from my vantage point gives it that look.
    have a good weekend

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. How'd you get the "W" and the "E" to light up like that? Very sharp eye! Like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely picture..


    i am just back from india and trying to visit all my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever. You got great reflections on the E & W letters. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice .. what's on top? is that a duck? I like your perspective there . .naked trees.. love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photo, like the reflective gold...I live in the WEST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photo--very eye catching with the light shining on the E & W.
    Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a perfect angle - love the W and the E standing out so much. Lovely sky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's lovely. The blue-grey sky sets off the gold letters perfectly.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandy, I love the way you shot the weather vane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a beautiful shot, Snady!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Stunning concept taken from a great perspective. A nice wind vane.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  16. This really made me smile.

    Have a great weekend Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandy: Neat capture of the weather vane, you were looking over my way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neat weathervane! Looks like some branches need to be trimmed to see it in other seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple, but really nice!
    Have a nice weekend Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photo & wonderful caption, Sandy!



    Aloha,


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  21. That says "New England"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh.. WE glow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a very cool capture. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good one Sandy, liked your title :)

    Abstract Painting

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photo. The letters really catch the light.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a really striking picture! I love the way the tree branches fade away in the back ground.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice and very neat shot.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous, unusual sky tone magically lighting the weather vane! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the blog and 34 comments wow I'm lucky if I get ten or eleven sometimes it happens but not like I'd like it to. I posted my flash 55 hoping you'd check it out. Love your photo's also .


    The Villan


    I like the post for February 03 2010. I marked it on my calendar and I'll turn the lights of at the posted time 8:30 pm my Time thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great work.Really enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like very much this fine image, Sandy. Beautiful effect that light of W and E!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great shot, love the angle:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the illumination you captured!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful capture, Sandy! Great lighting on the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow - that's an amazing shot. Did you catch the sunlight on accident or did you wait - either way, amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great skywatch shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Kewl shot ... cleverly shared ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice weather vane Sandy. Does it give us a heading when we are lost. If so, I would have one on my house and with me always.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is a very cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so cool, Sandy. I like it a lot.

    You won't believe this (or maybe you will, LOL) but I just finished making a mosaic of wind vanes that I'll be posting on Monday,

    ReplyDelete
  41. even with the photo alone, one can make great reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  42. It looks so still, is the wind not blowing? And the snow not falling?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Stunning photo, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  44. A lost and found effect? THe branches of the trees are a maze which give a sense of being lost and there you are with all the directions being properly indicated :-D Well, that's how I can interpret!!



    Pixellicious Photos | Follow me

    ReplyDelete
  45. The branches look like possible paths. The East meeting West assures that all head in the same direction.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great photo, the tangle of branches across the sky are not only pretty but seems to be bringing out all kinds of thoughts from folks.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would have one on my house and with me always.
    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete
  48. sometimes i just can't get on with my coordinates!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.