Skywatch Friday: We Do Tacky Real Good

IMG 0061

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

56 Comments

  1. I LOVE it! This is such a hoot! But there are beautiful blue skies! Tacky seems to be in style in a lot of places these days!

    Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Haha, so do we!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season for such tackiness. Love that blue sky in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of us like a little tacky, for Christmas you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think "tacky" is pretty much de riguer for the season.

    Nice catch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe to say 'retro'--big smile here. I feel like I've been transported to my Idaho hometown in the 50's. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sense of humor Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Waterbury. Seriously though, being surrounded by Litchfield County's ubiquitously low-key holiday decor (i.e., white lights) it's nice to see a festive splash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely decorations under the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta say I have to agree with you. ;-) But East Gwillimbury is vying for tackiest of all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day I've got to get to Waterbury. LOL
    Your title is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha... I think I prefer 'tacky' over nothing at all. This reminds me of my hometown when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOve that decoration. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post really me made smile.

    funny but I think it is beautiful in its own way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent shot, you gave me some great ideas.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  18. We do too, but I guess since you called shotgun, you have the title this year.

    Have a wonderfully tacky weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your sense of humor! Amazing blue sky...like ours out here in so. California yesterday and today. Rain is coming tomorrow though...bye bye blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha,pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every city you go to, is very good at it too! Including here!

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  22. reminds me of an article I read today on CNN about artistic knitted graffiti today. thought of you, see
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/12/04/knitting.irpt/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very funny title for your fabulous photo. :P
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a cool shot Sandy!

    GS Hills

    ReplyDelete
  25. The christmas decoration looked so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha.. you made me smile Sandy. Love your post

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is funny, I think the town near me has similiar decorations. Your photo and comment made me giggle. Thanks for the laugh and Happy skywatching.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the old school style of decorations. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You made my day Sandy, good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sandy: Very decorative no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The red and gold is an interesting color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like it! Great perspective, Sandy.
    Happy Sky Watch!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ha-ha...the banner is quite un-tacky. Very fun SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey! I think I've seen that same bell decoration in our town!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I especially love to see blue skies for the moment, since I sit in the rain since 3 weeks !

    ReplyDelete
  36. snd many agrees. so do i.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well, not everybody can decorate with decorum like the Viennese ...
    ten points for trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Tackiness seems to be spreading across the country but at least you have clear blue skies overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice shot. Thanks for sharing, have a nice SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sandy, Merry Christmas. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh come on... what's wrong with the garland bell? LOL! Reminds me of the stuff my home town used to do. It's vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  42. LOL ... holiday decorations this season seem out of sync with such lovely clear blue skies. I’m participating twice this week:
    Vistas after Monday's Storm
    Clear Southern California Skies
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  43. Its not tacky, its festive!

    ReplyDelete
  44. First I must apologize for being so far behind, blizzard, hubs home and underfoot, grandkids spent a night, and gingerbread houses have left me little time on the computer over the last few days.

    I think every town does it pretty good. :) lol Ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. That looks like the decorations in the town where I grew up. And as a kid, I thought they were pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great fun. I love tacky, kitschy, retro, vintage Christmassy stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Tacky, but all part and parcel of the season :).

    ReplyDelete
  48. Tacky maybe, but they do hold up to the weather which might be why we all get to share a bit of tacky.

    Fabulous blue skies though!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That looks very nice and christmassy !

    ReplyDelete
  50. YUP>>tacky is the word!
    I suppose it's budget cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Ha! This is great. Pretty much looks like what our little town does...

    ReplyDelete
  52. That's the kind of decorations they use in Sand Springs, OK where I grew up! Pretty sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.