Skywatch Friday: A Twisted Life

IMG 9716

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

62 Comments

  1. This guy's been around a while hasn't he? I guess you don't live this long without encountering a few twists in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of those woven dreamcatchers. Perhaps this is a skycatcher...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as if this tree is doing everything possible to reach up to the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puts me in mind of a music group...Twisted Sister...love this photo!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful designs nature creates, your photo captures them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great old tree and I do relate to twisted! He does look as though he's working hard to reach the sky! Maybe there's a little of that in all of us! Terrific shot, Sandy, as always!

    Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's trying to grab as much sky as possible.

    Name That Christmas Song

    ReplyDelete
  8. if only our twists inside us showed as much on the outside as this tree...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love trees like this .. so beautiful .. more like sculptures than living trees

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one tree with lots of character that is backed by a beautiful blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a gorgeous capture, I could stare at that for hours.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. These branches are like fingers reaching toward the heavens. How appropriate. Wonderful blue and great contrast with the branches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an old oak out my sunroom window that this reminds me of and I'm always in awe of how it appears the 'arms' are reaching to the sky trying to embrace the clouds.
    Lovely Sandy! Perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the roughness of the tree contrasted by a peaceful deep blue sky...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great old Grandfather Tree against a very Blue sky..well done.



    Eaglesbrother

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that when I'm old I look just as graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It does look like that tree's had a complicated life while the sky looks simple and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. we are playing catch up with you guys in the east, our leaves are just changing colors, but pretty soon they'll be as pretty naked as this one.

    have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a great picture, rough tree against blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. May have been a twisted life but the tree was always "reaching for the sun"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blue sky makes the tree limbs look so dramatic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's the nice thing about winter; you get to see what a tree really looks like. Beautiful capture!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice cut.
    Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do love a twisted old tree. Such character!
    Great photo of tree and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Delightful! I love the way the light and shadows play on the limbs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The old tree is trying to get attention and yes it did!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous4:27 PM

    Lovely contrasts and shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ooh, poor tree had a hard life!
    Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous5:05 PM

    I love old trees, the more twisted the better. Bet I could still climb that one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautifully captured, looks to me like the tree is expressing its love of sky watching too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sandy! All the very best to a dear friend who deserves peace, happiness and hope in her life always! I apologize for missing it! I hope you had a blast of a party yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful. The stories that tree could probably tell...

    (Sorry for not being around too much this week - I just spent the past two days preparing for the opening my new etsy store - my head is still spinning!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You can't beat a tree with a blue backdrop. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is soooo good!

    Happy skywatching and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I do so love those twisted old trees. Great shot and title.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that picture.Fantastic shot!

    Have a great weeekend

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice capture, a rough tree against peaceful blue sky

    have a great weekend

    Ray of Hope

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love tree tangles! Pretty against the blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great photo! I love the contrast of the dark, twisted tree limbs against that pretty blue backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that old twisted tree.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sandy: Your tree reminds me of the Sir Walter Scott's saying on the twisted web.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great tree for photography! I love old twisted and even dead trees! Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like the shaggy bark in parts of the trunk. Nice angle on this.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great shot, with nice contrast, Thanks for sharing. Have a nice SWF

    ReplyDelete
  45. Not so much a twisted life as one that has reached out in many directions. There is much to be said for being a branch on a much larger tree. One is that it enable you to get closer to the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful image of the impressive tree, Sandy. That white cloud in the blue sky adds beauty to the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very nice picture, love the contrast tree/bleu sky.

    Done a good job!

    Happy SWF

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the intriguing gnarled shapes of these branches against the blue of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  49. They're still awesome even when they're bare.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Like us, this tree to has a tough time. I like the angle you composed this shot.

    Have a good weekend.

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  51. Nice capture. It made me think this: if you could talk tree what could you tell occured under your branches, like lovers kissing, children playing, a baby sleeping, an anxious person thinking and wondering, etc. If only trees could tell their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  52. That is a beautiful old tree. I was thinking exactly what Jack and Joann wrote... If only trees could talk, what pieces of forgotten history would we learn. :)

    Have an awesome day!
    Lena
    My Skywatch Friday photo

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous12:22 PM

    awsome picture..

    i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the way the lonely cloud taunts the brilliant blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a beautiful blue sky background!

    I also left a comment below on BYB post.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wonderful old tree and beautiful blue skies ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,
    My Sky Watch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.