Skywatch Friday: Waking Up to Topsail Island

sunrise

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

66 Comments

  1. WOW.....no other words for that photo, just WOW

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just fantastic, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Gill ... WOW is what comes to mind. Beautiful sight upon awakening!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right !!!
    Don't mess up the photo with mere words.

    Awesome !!!!!

    come visit,
    Troy and Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. I remember that sight. Well, not this exact one obviously, but ones very much like it. I can't place this exactly, but I know the general area. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sky is ablaze! what a dramatic sight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fiece-looking sun, did it turn out to be a hot one that day?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome shot!!!!, Love the colors!!!

    Have a nice SWF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking photo! Nothing better than a good sunrise or sunset. The world seems to have had lots of them this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There certainly is a power greater than ourselves such beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy - Looks like a hot one on that day! Fabulous capture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Wow is the perfect word for this shot. It looks very warm. I could see this on the cover of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking, Sandy! But I bet the say was a steamy one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing sunrise! And yes!! I would love to wake up to this:)

    Petunia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, the melting sky! Wonderfully composed! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5:01 PM

    A sky on fire... wow. Spectacular!

    We have passed on a Lovely Blog Award to you… (it will be under the Aug. 20th post... come on by!)
    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! is right. Red sky at morning?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is definitely the best way to wake up!!! Stunning, magnificent capture, Sandy!

    Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photo is wonderful. This must have been a magnificent experience!
    spirithelpers

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a view to wake up to, thanks for sharing it with Sky Watch Friday fans, you know how much we enjoy a pretty view.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Red HOT. This is one of those picutres I would love to be able to capture with paint. Won't happen. It looks simple but to achieve this look is so complex. I haven't been able to do it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:49 PM

    This looks much like our high humidity sunsets here. Hot. Hot. Hot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! What a great view to wake up to. Amazing colors and capture.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandy, When I first saw this spectacular sunrise, all I could think of was the song 'Great Balls of Fire'... :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW is right! Incredible and no need for words. 'Red sky in morning, sailors take warning...'

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Bee-U-Tee-Ful color, sky, sunset, & scene! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandy: What a simple and beautiful sky, but it is a pointer of bad weather on the horizon. I do hope it passed by.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow what a stunning watery sunset Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's all kinds of beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fascinating image, Sandy!
    The red sky, the bright sun, the silhouette of the landscape in the darkness are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. great photo, i'll try to take some while at oregon coast next week...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous12:02 AM

    Mind-blowing..:)
    Is that nature or beauty captured in time, in colors???
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Spectacular shot.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Sandy its amazing and glorious!
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The clouds look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  37. hey, Sandy! Your sky is on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is really beautiful Sandy..
    love the colors!
    Gosh, do you have a secretary?! Ha
    Hope you have a great weekend over there-

    ReplyDelete
  39. That a beautiful, bright sky.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Big red sun is one of the mightiest things out there and so is this.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a spectacular sunrise, just beatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous7:30 AM

    Glorious! It reminds me of a large, happy pumpkin with a candle burning inside it like we had when we were kids. My Dad always did elaborate carvings for us... a promise of Autumn?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh so beautiful Sandy...I wish I could too!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Makes me think of the song : Light my fire ! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  45. That's fantastic Sandy. The sky is truly on fire in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful sunrise! I love the silhouette of the beach grasses and gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a beautiful sunrise. It's spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Sandy!
    you picture is really wonderful!
    I wanna see such a fantastic sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Uh, Wow. Its all been said, but I'll say it again. I love this photograph. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous capture!

    ReplyDelete
  51. That's quite something to wake up to, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I agree with the very first comment WOW, no other word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  53. PS: I sent an email re: upcoming OSI prompt, did you get this one Sandy?

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ab-so-lu-te-ly stunning (sorry if I didn't get the spelling right).
    Fiery, fervent, ardent, passionate sky... with a cosy little hut.

    ReplyDelete
  55. That's a stunning shot.. just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  56. simply astounding my Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is such a powerful photo.

    Thanks for comment of my good sense of humor. It is there when I am at home blogging. You can't find it when I am in school with my kids coming up and asking to go to the toilet right after tea break or lunchbreak.

    Do you let them go when they should have gone 5 minutes ago, or do you say no and risk an accident? LOl Of course, I let them go. They may have an issue there.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Late to the party this week since I cant sit for long ... but I had to stop by my fav sky watchers .. lovely sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm just catching up after being away for the weekend. Gorgeous capture!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. wow! Red, orange, yellow, colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  61. gorgeous - do you really live here? lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.