Today's Flowers: Queen Anne's Lace

IMG 8052
Today's Flowers

Post a Comment

43 Comments

  1. Isn't she gorgeous. This is one of my favorite plants yet I don't have it growing in my garden. There is something wrong with that picture. There is nothing wrong with your picture for sure. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Queen Anne's Lace.. the roots smell like carrots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot. I find QAL to be hard to photograph. I would love to get a shot this good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great macro photo, Sandy! Thanks for your visit. I wish it were my garden, but it's the French garden of my friends where I stayed for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!
    I like the non-distracting background.
    Looks like Anne has a little visitor. :)

    My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful delicate blossoms ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks so delicate! thanks for sharing Sandy! excellent use of Macro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicate is the word. I an not sure if I know this flower, I thought it was a wild one at first. It looks like a wild flower growing where I live. Lovely photo, the flower stands out from the calm background.

    Thanks for sharing - and wish you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, very lovely! Thanks Sandy! You always have a lovely photo for us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Queen Anne's Lace is one of those flowers I enjoy at all stages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we were kids we did artowrk with queen anne's lace?did you ever, making an impression

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy: What a nice shot of what I consider a wild flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great close-up, you have manage to catch almost the full flower in the depth-of-field. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandy,

    Wonderful and delicate flower!
    It is truly a piece of lace!

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always loved Queen Anne's Lace, so delicate and lovely. I have usually seen it as a wild flower but I would love to add it to my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a beautiful shot of the Queen Anne's Lace. I love it and let it take over in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Queen Ann's lace, such an elegant name for a delicate white flower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So elegant , nice captured.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful macro shot of white against the dark green back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty flower! It's a very lovely picture, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me too, I did not know that geraniums had so many colors on there leaf until I went to that exhibition.

    Like you photo, look summery!

    Some time it is difficult to think of the things we are blessed for only because we have it so good all the time.
    Me too have been playing basket like your dotter - I want to play again but is to old now.

    /MB

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vixen1:48 AM

    I see a lot of beautiful flower pictures on here, but seriously that caught me up. Simply fantastically stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you have truly captured the lace quality of this lovely flower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous2:37 AM

    Great macro shot. Well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. No idea it was called that...it's so common here, but beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. One of my childhood favorites. I'm looking for the one black blossom. I think I see it but maybe it's a bug.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful shot. I imagine it attracts many insects.

    ReplyDelete
  30. lovely photo so delicate...

    ReplyDelete
  31. So that's what that stuff is called. I'd heard the name and seen the flower, but never put the two of them together.

    'Round here the name "Queen Anne" is usually followed by "Revenge".

    ReplyDelete
  32. When I moved back east from the west, this was one of the old friends I was happy to meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandy, I hope you enjoyed your BYBS :) May you have many blessings this week. The picture of Queen's Anne's Lace is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's a lovely unique flower. Delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous3:23 AM

    A very tranquil capture that brings peace to one's mind when viewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Queen Anne Lace-does seem to shout summer.

    ReplyDelete
  37. One of my very favorites of the fields. Lovely capture! So delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is one of my favorite wildflowers! You captured it in such beautiful light.

    ReplyDelete
  39. One of my favourite wildflowers! Very nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  40. You captured it beautifully! I got a photo of it recently also -- should find it and post. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.