Wordless Wednesday: The Ferry, New York

IMG 7268

IMG 7246

Wordless Wednesday

Post a Comment

42 Comments

  1. Awesome photos today, Sandy!
    aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! great photos! i'm going there this wkend. i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's that word? "Station"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Wow never been to NYC, I assume it is the Stanton Island Ferry? Love the angle of the shot very artsy!
    mine is here
    http://aguthrieimages.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/wordless-wednesday-benched/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go there some day...Wow. Happy WW:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great storyline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can't be anything other than the Staten Island Ferry.. too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post!
    I'd like to be again in the wonderful city of New York!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun photo, reminds me of all the articles about the 747 plane flying low over new york city...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Sandy :)

    I didn't want my comment to get lost in the (almost) 50 you had in the previous post! However, I must say, you nailed it! The action and the movement of a monument ... you made it come alive.

    Anyway, thank you for being so supportive & great Sandy.

    xx,
    JP/deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'd love to visit there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:25 AM

    I like you pictures!! We use a ferry here on Maui as well. Great shots!

    Come & visit http://upcountrysmiles.com

    Aloha,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's certainly an awesome skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:48 AM

    So much smog! Or is it just overcast? I don't remember that much smog when I was there last November, but then again, I didn't have that long view from a car.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice skyline. it reminds me of our own skyline here in the city of makati.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A floating concrete island. I bet the birds like to make nests in those big letters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both great Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember the ferry from my time in NY.

    I really like that first photo, with the close-up of the retro lettering. I do think "out of context text" makes for interesting images, both in photos and graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The FAR and NEAR pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss hearing from you my friend but love to drop by often.I love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kewl shots! You do get around don't you ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent photos - #1 is really great

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are two very cool shots. I love the angle of the first one and the encompassing view of the second one. Once again Sandy you have hit it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never been. Hope to someday but until then love that people like you share your journey with me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brings back memories. That is how I used to get to work many, many, many years ago.
    http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2009/04/wordless-wednesday-beautiful-botanicals.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous10:02 PM

    How I hope to get there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous2:22 AM

    very interesting crop

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice shots. I like the sign detail.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandy, stopped by to catch up a little. Thanks for coming by my place, haven't had time to blog lately, life's changing. I see you have been busy with life also. I'm happy that you're writing and publishing, you are one talented lady.

    I hope your family is well and life is treating you extra specially good. Caring thoughts sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's been over TWO DECADES since I've seen these things live and in the flesh! Wonderful shots bringing back some happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Long time I have seen this ! must be over 10 years ago !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning photo Ms. Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. New York! New York! Looks like a great place Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic! I especially love the first one. You don't even have to see the whole sign to know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's the second blog on the NY Staten Island ferry today. Was this recent? Annie's was - you two might have missed a meet up by a whisker! lol

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like that first one! Love the mystery.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  37. As Kath said, looks like I must have missed you...had a great time on the ferry on the weekend...and caught the statue in the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great pictures...love the 2nd one especially

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, Sandy! I posted a complementary post on Hasty Ruminations. It's great to be on the same, like, wavelength thingy.

    -Greg
    .

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ok, I am allowing myself one wow comment and this is it ..WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.