Skywatch Friday: A Beginning

IMG 7044

Skywatch Friday

Post a Comment

71 Comments

  1. Wow! This is shot an amazing shot the color and the starkness of the grey clouds is so powerful dramatic! Well Done Sandy! Thank you for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the action and force shown in the photo. nature is powerful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting photo. That is one big cloud that is looking for trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You broke the sky! How could you break the sky??

    I love how you did it though. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 PM

    I see hope shining through! :)

    p/s: My SWF will be up in 13hrs time :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy: You posted real early with a really neat photo. Do I see a smile in the clouds just above the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy--
    You are a cheater-pants!

    Thanks for the beautiful composition in this photo! Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very ominous! Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what'a perfect scenario
    i love the photo so much
    its so amazing
    thanks for sharing
    have a great day and happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular view of the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. should suggest that the title for this post will be "an awesome beginning"

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the mightiest bank of clouds I have ever seen! And then the rays of the sun, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't mean to cheat (whatever that means); I made a mistake when I was preparing the post for publication and ended up running the thing before the meme is up. Do forgive an honest mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see the sun, I see the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:06 AM

    It seems the sun is coming out after the storm pass by.... for me it is a miracle to capture a a good scene like this... Thanks for sharing.. it light up my day....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Dramatic and full of promise, Sandy!

    Blogger often ignored my wish to schedule a future post and published it early, but better early than late, I always say!

    I may play along today, since I don't have photos of my brand new baby grandniece to put up yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:22 AM

    I never get tired of seeing the shifting skies. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a wonderful shot Sandy. I love your title too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing photograph: it would make a brilliant story prompt too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Outstanding capture.

    Have a great weekend.
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic shot! WOW! Sandy, that is really awesome! Such a dramatic shot! Love it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! Beautiful! And thank you for letting me know that I have understood the rules of Skytwatch Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous sky, so impressive.
    It's taken on a beach that makes it ten times better. The sun breaks the darkness and dulness away...
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you needed some sun-block for your eyes to take this one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic photo Sandy. It also looks like you were being observed with the large circular disc.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great photo. I just love it. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful capture...have a wonderful weekend sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So much drama, so much strength. Very biblical. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always cheat... apparently. I mean, I wait for linky, obviously to get the link, but I do my regular post like I do every morning, except on Thursday it's a sky watch post. It's up, just not linked... I don't think that's cheating...

    Beautiful shot!!! Really gorgeous. Reminds me of Celine's "A New Day". :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous7:01 PM

    Beautiful sky.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary Elizabeth @ Now and Then

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is a beginning that is full of hope. Beautiful shot.

    I signed in today for the first time in months. Good to play again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Scrub that last comment - they just deleted my entry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandy ~~ thanks for stopping by my SWF.
    Your name interested me as I don't see "Carlson" very often. I have a friend since childhood whose maiden name of Carlson.

    Love you sky, and scrolled down and enjoyed your blog.... I will be back Sandy "Carlson".

    New Friend
    Wanda from Brushstrokes

    ReplyDelete
  34. It really is a dawning of the drama that awaits. I can hear the noise form here.

    ReplyDelete
  35. A wonderfully dramatic sky, great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. very moving shot, capture, gift from above. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is a nice beginning. Beautiful shot against the sun.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Those clouds are really powerful looking...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ominous looking. Looks like a storm moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Tempts me to linger on.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this with the rays shooting out in all directions.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Biblical!
    Epic!
    Sandy!
    Aloha, Dear

    ReplyDelete
  43. an unseen hand opened the clouds to show you the sun! amazing shot!

    ReplyDelete
  44. That looks straight out of the Bible.
    Wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very nice. I love the sun poking through. Reminds me of rumplestiltskin.

    ReplyDelete
  46. theres great drama out there..love the tussle..

    ReplyDelete
  47. That is quite an interesting lens flare you got on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  48. "A beginning" indeed! Gorgeous dramatic skies!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello! I am currently writing a poem that is inspired by a phenomenon, but I dont know the exact name of it so now Im stucked!

    And then I visit your blog! This picture is exactly what inspires me!
    What a coincidence, isnt it? Now please if you could tell me the name of this phenomenon wherein the sunlight is outlining the edges of the clouds?

    I know there is a name, I just couldnt remember it :(

    To visit my poetry blog, here it is: LITERARY WORKS 101. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  50. My goodness, is God separating dark from light? Just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sandy, what a powerful and intense image. The light and the dark of this sky create a really amazing contrast.
    Happy Sky watch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  52. That is an amazing shot. Well done, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anonymous2:07 PM

    A great photo Sandy...I was so taken back by the dramatic sky that i didn't notice the water(?) or land underneath...very clever. It looks like it should be a shot from the Harry Potter movies...!

    Mine's up too. Happy Friday :)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  54. how can some skies look so dramatic and others so tranquil?

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is SO BEAUTIFUL!! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Amazing capture of storm clouds. Impressive to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for your comment, your pic is gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is a great and impressive shot Sandy! Like a painting of a famous painter Have a very happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  59. That is one powerful picture Sandy, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow - what a picture. How did you get the scale into the cloud. Is from the camera?
    Wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful sky! I love all athe colors and the light breaking through.

    Your cherry blossoms are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your photograph shows the powerful force of wind, clouds and sky. Great job!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  63. that is stunning. wow! It's like looking into the face of God. Wicked cool pic.

    ReplyDelete
  64. ShaZammm !!! You captured it at just the right moment. xoxo from The Prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wow! What a magnanimous sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Breathtaking.....Heaven here I come! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.