Blog Your Blessings: Moldy, Moldy Me

Some days I think I should wear a label on my forehead marked "unstable material." The ideas that come out of my skull are sometimes--I don't know. Ridiculous.

For example, this week I was grateful as heck for the allergies that have made me feel drowsy whenever I have been in my wee humble abode--surrounded, as it is, by a zillion mold-bearing, alive and lovely trees.

I have loved the drowsiness. Anyone peeking in the windows after I got home from work would swear I was a narcoleptic. I fell asleep over and over again. I woke up just long enough to say, "I need to sleep." Bye, baby.

The allergies were not so severe that I became a wretched and bleary eyed Bugger Queen. Not this time. They were just enough to slip me into a deep and enduring sleep. I did not wake up to fret over the future criminals in some of my sixth grade class and how to keep them amused and occupied. I did not think of how to get the word "weed" out of the eighth graders' poem without censoring it. I did not wonder why on earth the world needs seventh graders, anyway. And why some of them actually poop on the floor in our school. Or bite each other. I just slept. And slept. And slept.

"I need to sleep." Bye, baby.

Blog Your Blessings

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. That sounds a bit like me in the winter. Sometimes sleep is the best thing to recharge and face your challenges with a fresh mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh... four words jumped out at me here..."poop on the floor".

    What the...?

    That would be enough to destabilize anyone. I'd say you're remarkably normal under the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they just need attention they aren't getting at home. sigh {{{{{Sandy}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM GLAD YOU DID NOT HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT SOME OF THAT TOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Lacy the dog pooped on the floor in the trailer yesterday. She had very loose diarrhea and it really wasn't her fault. She did it on the small vinyl floor, not the carpet - smart doggie. So today, I took time out at noon to go home and take her for a long mid-day walk, and she took full advantage of it. I'm sure that she will have a more comfortable afternoon.

    Maybe you can do the same thing with the seventh graders: put them on a leash, and muzzle them, and have a cop take them on a long walk in the moldy, pretty trees until they pass out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting ages 6th through 8th grade. Those kids scare me half to death. Now ours will be one in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love this post, both the image of you peacefully asleep and of those students...

    Sweet dreams, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your job sounds draining and injurious to your health, glad your body was able to retreat into sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleep Baby Sleep, rest and dream of a better day and enjoy the world that you are retreating into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Allergies are the worst ... and the cure is worse than the symptoms, ... or something like that. Try a nasal rinse (Neilmed) and 5 minutes of head stands per day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Allergies can be very bad at times. I am glad yours were not very severe and only helped you sleep!

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have good dreams when sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite the allergies, that sleep sounds blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aahhhh yes, sleep sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you needed some thoughtless sleep. Makes the problems at my girls school-seem oh so small.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy this small vignettes into your life and ways, Sandy :)

    wishes,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sleep and heal . . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait, you're actually thankful for your allergies, in a round about way? :) Thankfully I only have fall allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you transform problems into blessings.

    Sometimes I feel like a pinball machine with the word "TILT" on my forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandy, I enjoyed reading your post. I did sort of wonder, like Mojo, about those 4 little words 'poop on the floor'... As Mojo already said, that would be enough to become unstable. Gross!

    Thanks God for sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.