Wordless Wednesday: The Shepaug River

Last Iciclels

Shepaug

Wordless Wednesday

Post a Comment

48 Comments

  1. The second shot is kind of mystery!
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ~ You are a creative photographer. You have taught me to look at life with a different 'lens. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you changed your comment form and I can once again leave one.

    Your walk series was great, hopefully soon you will be able to include some more green things in your walk.

    Loved the Clock Tower even if it is a little off kilter. Those are from converging verticals.

    My new camera has a virtual horizon built in and I still can't get it straight. :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun water and reflection photos. there is so much more to life when you look closer with a camera. neat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pics...I really love the first one. Happy WW:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting perspective, I was tempted to tilt my head upside down for a second. Nice shot of the icicles :)

    Nice new blog header too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are both great. I am really loving your icicles and the second shot is very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the snow is melting. lake gets wilder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brr! I wasn't expecting that first one looking so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:02 PM

    Very cool photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:11 PM

    We cold do with some cool weather around here :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:11 PM

    We cold do with some cool weather around here :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:12 PM

    Wow I like the first one...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:58 PM

    Nice study in contrasts, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool.. literally. I see something green reflected in the second shot.. hmmm. Icy water and new growth?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mother Nature at work...;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked the abstract way of your nature a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. am speechless indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the bubbles touching the icicles in the first one. The second one looks eerie.

    I too, am so happy that you changed comment form so I coulr podt a comment from my own computer and not have to go to the community room to post at your blog. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! Indeed, I am speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool...but looks kinda scary. :O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunningly brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brrrr. Someone start a fire in the fireplace and put on the kettle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. turbulent vs still water:)... i prefer the gushing river, although it must be chilling... especially with those icicles...

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks cold! Great photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brrrrrrrr, that water looks cold. I am sure it 'feels' colder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The first shot is one of those that you can get lost in. What is that? I know what that is. Shoot. What is that?

    Marvelous work.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The second shot look like something in my dreams .. it eerily beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That looks mighty cold. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  31. these are gorgeous nature shots, I love the fallen tree with leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Winter or summer, you love the lake? The second shot makes me wait for something to jump out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the fist shot. I'm trying to figure out what perspective you are shooting it from. Under a bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome series! Can't decide which I like better because they are so different. The dreamy feeling of the second, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous1:43 PM

    hello I live in France and I am fascinated by your pictures. At first I thought the second one was a rain-streaked window, but then i changed my mind and thought it might be close-up on swamp reeds?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Your pictures do speak volumes! Love the "insider's view" of the turbulence, and the second one is beautifully enigmatic!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous6:19 PM

    I can hear it as I see it. It's raining here.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like how you've echoed the vertical lines in each photo.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the contrast between these two Sandy, but the still one is my favourite: I'd hang that one over the sofa! Beautifully shot, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. these pics are really a great study of contrast the rushing water underneath the iceickles and the stillness just a little bit downstream.

    What a fun day that was to explore the river... thank you for letting me be a part of that.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely images of the last bit of the cold... love the icicles and the reflection! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those are interesting shots. The rough waters and the icicle make a great photo. The second shot looks mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my ... amazing shots here!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.